2 months away

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 months and counting ,until we will be on the ride to Daytona!!! can't wait!! Supercross,FLATTRACK, and GNC FLATTRACK!!

Rode my FJ1200 down there the end of Feb. a few years ago - like to froze the boys off until I got south of Jersey. Froze them off again on the flip flop north of Jersey. The plan was to spend the time at the track but once we saw some "of that" on main street and the beach we never did go back to the track.

I'll be around for some of that week; we all need to hook up someplace...

Trailer week, I mean bike week is the time of year I would rather take off and go somewhere else besides Daytona, but alas just not in the cards. Living with the traffic, poor riding skills, rudensss and the the noise for almost 2 weeks is too much. For those of you that can drop in for a day or two, it can be a fun and rewarding experience. I know the bars, restaurants, hotels and gas stations around here really do appreciate all the money that is left here. Biketoberfest, for me, is a much better event. Better weather and fewer people. Just my $0.02 worth.

I'm about 7 miles south of Daytona, so we see/hear it all.

Seriously, I do enjoy the stuff going on at the Speedway/vendors and this year I do want to try to get to the Progressive Motorcycle Show at the Ocean Center. We shall see.

Let me know when you are coming to the event and I would enjoy meeting some of the members of this great forum.

I spent about 5 years in Daytona going to school in the early 80's. I was riding a 1978 GS750 and then upgraded to a 83 GS1100E. Didn't own a car the whole time I lived there.

I used to get a kick out of watching the supposed "bikers" unloading their Ukranian ditch pumps (aka Harleys) just outside of town so that they could ride in posing as hardcore bikers. What a riot!

I never went to a single motorcycle race, but sure did spend time slumming on main street or on the beach. This has got to be the ultimate "people watching" venue! I hope to make it back again in the future on a FJR ride from the Pacific Northwet where I now live.

DirtTracker, When are you riding down? I'll be heading out early in the week from Southern Indiana. Maybe we can meet up and ride down.