• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2002 CBR1100XX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cplus

Reaction score
I have a feeling that I'll regret this, but I've decided to sell my XX in favor of something that tours a little better - an FJR.

She's a 2002, silver, in exceptional condition with only 8500 miles, though that might increase since I'm still riding her. She sports the following:

• Corbin Gunfighter+Lady saddle with pillion back rest (stock saddle included)
  • VFR handlebars (stock bars included)
  • Pazzo levers
  • Dave's footpeg lowering blocks, never installed
  • Givi touring screen, light tint (stock and dark tinted Puig (?) screens also included)
  • GPS ball mount in steering stem (stock nut included)
  • Clear alternatives light tint LED tail light (stock light included)
  • Clear front turn signal lenses (stock lenses included)
  • Undertail kit, not mounted - I think it's Mototeck or similar but I'm not sure

I've owned this bike for a little under a year and its has performed flawlessly. No known mechanical issues. For those who have never ridden a Blackbird, it may have the best engine ever bolted into a production motorcycle frame. It's exceptionally clean cosmetically - the only flaws are a small impression on the gas tank which is only visible if the light hits it just right, and a couple of very small scratches on the left side crank cover. Neither one bothers me and I tend to be picky about my bikes. Clear title. Located in NY.

$5250 with all the goodies. PM me with your email if interested. I may sell off the accessories if nobody is interested in the complete package. Then again, I may just keep it, mount some higher bars and call it a day.

50+ High-Res Images

IMG_4346.JPG

IMG_4361.JPG

Purdy!

I have a solution to your problem: keep the XX and buy an FJR to keep it company! ;)

WOW Very nice good luck with the sale Maybe we can convince someone here in the N.E. to sell their FJR then they would be a real blackbird couple!! :D calling Mr Junkie :p

WOW Very nice good luck with the sale Maybe we can convince someone here in the N.E. to sell their FJR then they would be a real blackbird couple!! :D calling Mr Junkie :p
Don't think he hasn't considered it....

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the comments guys, and gals. I'm hoping that the switch from the XX to an FJR is the right move to gain a little more long-range comfort, especially reducing wind noise around my helmet, but I know I'll be giving up one of the all-time great motorcycle engines.

huh.gif

1342604669[/url]' post='983420']WOW Very nice good luck with the sale Maybe we can convince someone here in the N.E. to sell their FJR then they would be a real blackbird couple!! :D calling Mr Junkie :p
It's VERY TEMPTING Jag !!! After all I am getting pretty good at chain and sprocket replacement on someone else's Bird. Maybe there is room for another.
huh.gif

Thanks for the comments guys, and gals. I'm hoping that the switch from the XX to an FJR is the right move to gain a little more long-range comfort, especially reducing wind noise around my helmet, but I know I'll be giving up one of the all-time great motorcycle engines.
Cplus......I made the same move in 2005 and have no regrets. The FJR is more comfortable especially for two up. The FJR also has tons of power so you will be OK there as well. That XX does have about the smoothest engine possible in a bike.