• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2003 FJR 1300 - Low Miles - Immaculate - $5650

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemr

Reaction score
2003 FJR 1300 for sale @5,650.00

FJR1300 - 2003 by beemr74, on Flickr

Low mileage (18,886) on this very well maintained and always garaged first edition FJR. This is the version that was quoted with a 3.0 second zero to 60 time in Cycle World. The bike has gotten heavier and slower since the 2003 version.

Owner (only one owner) has decided to cut back on road riding and focus on restoring (and riding) vintage motorcycles. There are still plenty of miles left on this terrific sport touring motorcycle. All of the maintenance is current and the tires are almost brand new. The battery (Westco) is less than two years old and is routinely recharged with a Battery Tender trickle charger. Many upgrades and accessories have been added to this bike over the years, as listed below

Willing to discuss shipment and/or delivery options

Currently located in Knoxville, TN - within easy reach of I-75 and I-40.

If interested, contact Brian at [email protected]

Here are the additional accessories and features:

• 18,886 miles - always garaged, well serviced (with records)

• New Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires (only 700 miles since install)

• Wilbers rear shock (adjustable and re-buildable)

• Cee Bailey headlight protector shields

• Front Fork Brace

• Sargent Tank Bag

• Yamaha Shop Manual

• Laminar Lip Wind deflector with two additional windshields

• Solid billet bar-backs (raises bars 1 inch with 1 inch setback)

• Powerlet front and rear 12V outlets

• Rebuilt seats with additional firmness

• Throttlemeister bar ends and throttle lock

• Frame sliders (never used)

• Original Yamaha cloth bag inserts for side cases

• All fluids changed within last 1200 miles and new oil filter

Wilbers Rear Shock by beemr74, on Flickr

Barbacks and Throttlemeister by beemr74, on Flickr

18886 miles by beemr74, on Flickr

front fork brace by beemr74, on Flickr

2003 FJR 1300 front view by beemr74, on Flickr

Very nice! What an outstanding example of the first year north american FJR!

Wish I could...........

Wish I could...........
Every time I see bikes like this I want to grab it for a spare. When I go to sell my current one I'll get $0 "100,000 miles, road rash, no records" runs like a champ though :)

Wish I could...........
Every time I see bikes like this I want to grab it for a spare. When I go to sell my current one I'll get $0 "100,000 miles, road rash, no records" runs like a champ though :)
I know! But I already have a spare! I want more! :lol:

I often wondered what my original Dirty Ol Whore was worth at the time of her demise......

You can own FJR history! Highest mileage FJR known with only 226,000 miles! Only driven to church on Sundays by a guy who rides like a little old lady. This FJR holds the current record for miles ridden in 24 hours! Completed two Iron Butt Rallys! Not a piece or part on it that doesn't have a scratch, heavy duty road grime, or a hole! This FJR just OOOZES character! Only dropped 3 times, and only crashed 3 times! Lovingly maintained - still and everyday driver and runs GREAT!!!!
:lol:

$1,500?

$1,000?

$500?

Would I have had to give it away?

Paid somebody to come and take it?

Really SWEET looking machine!

I had been thinking of looking '06 and newer, but...

OK - tell me why I would rather this machine vs a newer?????

This FJR holds the current record for miles ridden in 24 hours!
Will that record be broken at the Alamo Express? Inquiring minds want to know :)

I'm shooting for more than the basic of the ride, I seriously doubt that I can top your WPF outing though

Really SWEET looking machine!

I had been thinking of looking '06 and newer, but...

OK - tell me why I would rather this machine vs a newer?????
For one thing, it's a classic - because it is the first year the FJR was imported into the USA. For another thing, it's quicker than the other FJRs. If you read the annual Cycle World performance tables, you can see that only the 2003 FJR is quoted with a 3.0 second zero to sixty time. Also, I didn't mention that I performed the 'heat fix' on it to divert some of the engine exhaust away from the rider. It took Yamaha a few years to do this themselves. And finally, it has a lot of great farkles, not the least of which is the great Wilbers adjustable rear shock. This is such an improvement over the stock shock that would probably still be on the 2006 you may be considering.

Less than 19,000 miles and new Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires - how can you go wrong?

;-]

Will that record be broken at the Alamo Express? Inquiring minds want to know :)

I'm shooting for more than the basic of the ride, I seriously doubt that I can top your WPF outing though
No. That record will never be attempted to be broken by me. 24 hours of complete insanity was more than enough for this boy's lifetime.

Still, the thought of getting on the '2k Day' list for a second time has crossed my mind.......

Very nice bike, I'm of the opinion that a clean "virgin" like this beats a new Gen II any day. Wish I had the extra cash to justify a spare and the last two posted recently are stellar choices!

(Skoot, are you PWD again?) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
SkooterG said:

No. That record will never be attempted to be broken by me. 24 hours of complete insanity was more than enough for this boy's lifetime.

Still, the thought of getting on the '2k Day' list for a second time has crossed my mind.......

PANSEASS!!!!! (sp)

Message sent OP. I think I contacted you or someone with a bike like yours on CL in Knoxville.