2003 FJR Admore Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiowize

Reaction score
Hello All,

So I finally cracked open the Admore kit this morning to get it installed on my 2003. I opted to spend the extra money and get the custom harness.

When I remove the left cover and airbox cover to expose the wiring, there are no plugs to be seen anywhere, let alone plugs that look like the ones on the Admore harness.

Do I have to use positaps to install this kit, or did I get the wrong harness? It doesn't look like there's any connectors between the main loom and the tail section, so I'm thinking so.

Hmm, looks like the connector is all the way back in the tail section. Man, that was a pain to get to!

the tail light wiring is in the the tail section on the left side, and it takes a lot of disassembly to reach. FWIW, I found splicing into the wires with posi-lock connectors to be much easier. Not sure what lighting kit you got. My kit for the Givi E55 case had thin fragile pins. Be careful connecting and reconnecting. That harness is expensive.

I got the Admore kit for the big Givi cases. I ended up getting it all up and running today, though it looks like a few of the LED's aren't working.

e4V1T7.jpg