• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motorcycle For Sale 2006 AE Around 60 K - project bike or Parts -$2500** Not road worthy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06AE09.22.61

Reaction score
**For Sale: 2006 Yamaha FJR1300AE - $2500** Not road worthy electrical failure

It started like this https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/yamaha/sport-touring/2006/fjr/1300ae/detail.html#!

I used this bike as a year-round commuter for three years, except in heavy snow. The computer-controlled clutch is great for stop-and-go traffic; no issues there -I'm glad I went with it despite all the haters.

**Good News:**

- Just over 60,000 miles – I took delivery in August 2006.

- Recently completed an oil change with synthetic oil and new iridium plugs. The K&N lifetime air filter was also cleaned. 20 miles on the oil and plugs.

- Fork seals replaced and leak-free – no oil leaks anywhere.

- Factory ECU.

- Brake pads are relatively new.

- Includes side cases, a top case in poor condition, and any other scraps I can find.

- Tires would pass inspection, but new ones are recommended for hard-leaning.

- Handlebar risers installed (MCL).

- Remus Sport exhaust installed – not loud, but better flow than factory, lighter, and has removable baffles (which I never removed).

- Heated grips work well.

Priced to sell at $2500. Even if parted out, you'd do well.

**Problems:**

- In 2012, I took it to Riverside Yamaha in Somerville for a recall (service record included). For more details: [Yamaha Recalls 2006-2009 FJR 1300] https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2011/07/02/yamaha-recalls-2006-2009-fjr-1300/

- Three years ago, while riding on highway 128, all power went out. I had brakes and coasted into Gloucester, where I had the bike towed to its current location (Woburn, MA). This seems related to the previous recall, as described by other owners. Yamaha couldn't comment without examining the bike.

- Sitting in Garage now needs a home.

**What the Bike Needs: TOTAL GUESS **

1. New wiring harness with proper grounding.

2. Front brake cable replacement, brake oil change, and bleeding (tow truck driver snapped the front brake cable adjuster).

3. New battery.

4. Loving care

**Would Be Nice:**

- Deep cleaning.

- Repaint and replace some or all of the plastic at least the mirrors (they are different colors).

- New tires. After several pairs Continental would be my choice.

- New top case.

Some of the fairings are off the bike and are in fair condition (some tabs are broken and some cracks – JB-Weld has been useful). Anything else I can find related to the bike you are welcome to it.

**Note:** You will need to trailer the bike out.
For inquiries, please contact me at ‪(617) 756-4283 via text or voicemail. I can set up an appointment for a showing with advance notice.

Thank you for your interest!
Best regards,
H