2006 AE Flicker with Bill Mayer Saddles, Doug Hines Risers & Cal-Sci +2.5" windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodave_98

TurboDave_98
Reaction score
Already like the Bill Mayer leather saddle after only one 150mile initial ride. Great farkle, IMHO!

STA70343-1.jpg
STA70329-1.jpg
STA70327-1.jpg

Dave !!

Wonky's gonna be real jealous when she catches sight of that seat -

Looks like I'm gonna have to spend some more to keep her happy . .. . :blink:

Got some specs? like - $$, ride in experience, etc., ?

And is that a Sahara vest you're wearing?

Dang TD, looks good. :)

That seat looks like you sit into it rather than slide forward on it. What say ye?

Oh and one more question if ya don't mind: Do they use the OEM pan or provide their own?

Hey ptracks,

Thanks for the reply on the OEM issue and the link to the thread about your seat. :) Good photos. They speak for themselves. I particularly like the 3rd one from the top. It reveals a depth to the saddle. Makes it look like a good sitting position from which one wouldn’t slide forward.

Dave,

Any chance we can get a few closeups of the seat? How much did it run you? Built on the stock seat pan? Details please!

:)

Ali

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang TD, looks good. :) That seat looks like you sit into it rather than slide forward on it. What say ye?

Oh and one more question if ya don't mind: Do they use the OEM pan or provide their own?
Dog gone it thanks! I told the technician that I wanted to feel like I sit in the bike rather than on it. thats how he modified the shape to the front and rear pans that came with my bike. Hope this helps.

How do you like the Cal-Sci 2.5" screen?
It is much better at protection than the OEM unit. I personally bought it for the shape of the screen. I am 5"9" with a 35 inch sleeve length and the screen that is +2.5" taller than OEM works fine for me. I have no buffet of the head when the screen is in the retracted position. When completely raised, there is very little buffet or noise. all in all, its working swell for me. hope this helps.

STA70338.jpg

Dave,Any chance we can get a few closeups of the seat? How much did it run you? Built on the stock seat pan? Details please!

:)

Ali
STA70338.jpg

Ali, Prices vary between 450-650 depending on vinyl leather solo or pillion plus a heated option. They use the bikes seat pans.

Thanks TD!

Did you use your stock seat pan or did you order extras? If you ordered extras how did the parts show up?

Thanks TD!Did you use your stock seat pan or did you order extras? If you ordered extras how did the parts show up?
I had the seat modification done on a ride in to the shop. My extra was leather vice vinyl. I did not order any other extras. Yep they use both original seat pans.

Nice looking seat Dave, :dribble: what other farkles you got planned for the AE?
Hey Skyway, such an honor, your 1500th post here was to ole TurboDave!! I am flattered.

It would take too much time and space to let you know all the farkles I have on "Flicker" Want to surprise you at WFO-5. The list is long and growing daily<LOL> :clapping: