2006+ Cali model smog can

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
I was having a discussion about stuffing farkles under the gas tank of the 2006+ models. One poster said that the Cali models have a smog can (and additional can?) in that open area up in front under the tank. The open area is under/in front of the T-bar, right over the heads/water jacket. Just behind the steering head/frame. Anyone able to confirm that? Anyone actually have a picture of the smog can under there?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was having a discussion about stuffing farkles under the gas tank of the 2006+ models. One poster said that the Cali models have a smog can (and additional can?) in that open area up in front under the tank. The open area is under/in front of the T-bar, right over the heads/water jacket. Just behind the steering head/frame. Anyone able to confirm that? Anyone actually have a picture of the smog can under there?
Thanks!

Don't know who posted that, but they're full of charcoal .......

The CA evap cannister is in the nose of the fairing - right underneath the radiator.

Easy way to confirm this is follow TWN's link to the fiche.

I didn't find the fische all that helpful. Didn't see a SMOG CAN category. Wasn't even sure what I would be looking for. <_< Most of us don't have to worry about that shit, you know. Been to those Yammy parts pages many times, in fact have pages with a link to it in my previous posts. Hard to look for something that is not there, though. Duh.

Anyway, the big question was whether or not there was anything extra cobbing up the open area under the tank. Guess there's not, and that's what's important.

Funny but when I look at the parts fiche for fuel tank it shows the canister. Thats why I asked.

Funny but when I look at the parts fiche for fuel tank it shows the canister. Thats why I asked.

v65, I owe you an apology. I'm sorry.

Following my other thread regarding removing the cannister, I realized that I had been focused on the 06 model - and we've all come to find out that the 05's and earlier are in a different location.

I'm going to go wash my feet so I'll have a choice as to which foot I use.

KaitsDad.