• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted RDL - Let's Not Laugh - Gen 2 or 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dafish

Reaction score
I know these are in demand, just getting it out there as fall approaches. I'm 6'1", 235lbs,

Things to know:
1) I will report and have banned anybody suggesting off forum, direct email, call my friend, etc...
2) Politely, unless you are a long-standing member with substantial post history I have to assume you're a scammer. And will report your account as same. That's not always fair (I'm a noob too), but it's the way of the world.
3) The only acceptable shipping method is having it professionally boxed and shipped at my expense at the shipper of my choosing.

None of this is negotiable. At all. Hopefully the good guys understand.
-d

I know these are in demand, just getting it out there as fall approaches. I'm 6'1", 235lbs,
Can't help you but you might want to say whether your bike is Gen I or Gen II+.

Edit: I see that the title was changed to include the requisite info.

Last edited:
Do I have a deal for you. Russell and much more for about the price of a new Russell!

https://www.fjrforum.com/threads/many-accessories-for-sale.182055/#post-1469019

It IS a nice package, and props to you. Heck, I don't have the energy to put all that on my bike, so I'm impressed the effort you took getting it back off one! I also know you're committed to complete package, but should things change, and it be for my size/weight range, I'm certainly interested.

Best of luck to you!

-d

Things to know:
1) I will report and have banned anybody suggesting off forum, direct email, call my friend, etc...
2) Politely, unless you are a long-standing member with substantial post history I have to assume you're a scammer. And will report your account as same. That's not always fair (I'm a noob too), but it's the way of the world.
3) The only acceptable shipping method is having it professionally boxed and shipped at my expense at the shipper of my choosing.

None of this is negotiable. At all. Hopefully the good guys understand.
-d
Seems a bit aggressive? I've bought and sold many items on here with no issues.

Seems a bit aggressive? I've bought and sold many items on here with no issues.

Thanks for commenting, and yes. As intended. Not to be an asshole, but the world is what it is. Let me help decode this a bit in the hope the fair and normal folks at least hear the thinking (cause screw the scammers).

I've bought a fair number of things from special interest forums like this one. Scammers are most common in the "wanted" posts (where this post is), and quite common in forums that allow access to that section with low post count accounts (as this forum does, and should not). I'm now retired, but I've deep experience in cyber-crime from the financial industry. Meaning I've a little knowledge of how to limit scammer problems. Heck, I've written primers, hosted seminars, and worked with sysops of other forums to help address these things. I'm rarely on this forum (no reason, I just seem to go to the "other" forum more often), so I don't want to presume I should tell anybody else what to do or how to address scammers. I do tend to take my own advice though. :)

Anyway, hopefully we can agree there is no absolute way of beating a scammer or dishonest person. Golly, I bought my FJR from Oregon and had it shipped here after two dealers checked it over (pre-shipment and on-arrival). Both missed it had been over and had broken mirror fairing stays, bad battery, etc.. I'd used Escrow.com, but given the clean bill of health from both dealers, well, I got taken a bit. Ok, gonna happen. For little things, under a few hundred, I just roll with whatever my intuition says knowing that scammers tend to focus on larger ticket items. I bought a Sargent (other forum I think) just that way. But an RDL? Yea, that's enough money to attract a scammer. Ergo, laying it out upfront.

As to reaction from others, in my experience a legit seller doesn't care for he/she too wants a clean sale. The scammer wants to get off-line, redirect you off forum, always have low post count, etc. And of course wants to control the shipping/payment process. There's more of course, but just what I've posted already usually lowers the scammers interest.

I suppose I should update the "Avoiding Internet Scammers" document and share it, but as I've said I'm not on this forum often and didn't want to fall into the "who do you think you are" sort of thing from a noob (me) offering advice to long established forum members who justifiably have a sort of implied trust with each other.

I've rambled a bit, but basically you're seeing what the first steps are in minimizing scammers (nothing's 100% in the cat and mouse cybercrime game).

Warmest regards,
-d

It appears Mr. Cooper doesn't agree with either post. Free world and all that, so my best to him none-the-less.

I am 6'1", 200 lbs. I have an RDL, faux-leather, vinyl covered saddle on a 2008 in great shape with about 50k miles on it. I also have the matching RDL pillion seat, altered by Russell, not just simply covered to match. Will sell the rider saddle for $50k or the pair for $70k. Who is your preferred shipper?

I am 6'1", 200 lbs. I have an RDL, faux-leather, vinyl covered saddle on a 2008 in great shape with about 50k miles on it. I also have the matching RDL pillion seat, altered by Russell, not just simply covered to match. Will sell the rider saddle for $50k or the pair for $70k. Who is your preferred shipper?
Good one!

On the subject of online buy/sell scams, from a recently retired IT professional (so, somewhat cognizant of scams in the online world). I listed a boat for sale on boattrader.com late afternoon couple days ago (although, like motorcycles, not prime listing time). I immediately got 2-3 inquiries in the first 2 hours, then 3-4 more the following morning. It took me an hour or so, but I realized that after 1-2 e-mails asking random questions, whether I had clear title, even what coming days I was available, etc., then they all asked for a different specific boat history report (from different websites). Each of these different sites cost $75-80 for a report. I googled boat selling scams and sure enough, one is a scamming buyer asking for boat history report from a specific website which nets them the bucks, no interest in boat. I've sold cars, trucks and motorcycles in the past and never ran into this. I started responding that yes, I got a very detailed 15 page report from www.boat-alert.com ($19) and no more responses.

We're not going to turn a thread or this forum into a workshop for scammers to find ways to route around measures forums take to reduce their infiltration nor are we going to get into a dogpiles on this one.

Please take it down a notch dafish. The aggressive tone isn't helpful. And If anybody wants to sell their RDL at this point, they can send you a a PM directly.

Closing thread. Please don't start a new one or carry this subject over to some other thread.

Thanks.
The Management

Status
Not open for further replies.