2006 Engine Bolt Torque Values

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DaveR

MY FIRST POST!

I took delivery of my 2006 FJR yesterday and now I'm installing the goodies that I've patiently accumulated over the past few months. One of those goodies is a set of frame sliders that mount over the exposed engine bolts that are visible through the side vents in the fairing. The sliders come with longer replacement bolts, but no information about torque values. I'm still awaiting delivery of the service manual so I don't have this info.

Does anyone know the torque value for those bolts? Thanks!

MY FIRST POST!
I took delivery of my 2006 FJR yesterday and now I'm installing the goodies that I've patiently accumulated over the past few months. One of those goodies is a set of frame sliders that mount over the exposed engine bolts that are visible through the side vents in the fairing. The sliders come with longer replacement bolts, but no information about torque values. I'm still awaiting delivery of the service manual so I don't have this info.

Does anyone know the torque value for those bolts? Thanks!
DaveR, welcome to the site. Torque them 35-40 ft/lb, but DO NOT lubricate the bolts.

I dont know factory tork value. Bought motovation sliders, like the design. Really like the looks.Motovation suggested 41 ft lbs. tryed that on first one. didnt feel comfortable going past 18. used tork wrench to loosen second one,came loose at 24 ft lbs.left me wondering what the hell. tightened second one to 18. there is no way to go to 41 without stripping the bolts. <_< :dribble:

I dont know factory tork value. Bought motovation sliders, like the design. Really like the looks.Motovation suggested 41 ft lbs. tryed that on first one. didnt feel comfortable going past 18. used tork wrench to loosen second one,came loose at 24 ft lbs.left me wondering what the hell. tightened second one to 18. there is no way to go to 41 without stripping the bolts. <_< :dribble:
also installed moto on my 06-also noticed the factory torque on orginal bolts was somewhat less-didnt feel comfortable while installing (checked wrench several times in vise while installing) however went to 42 ft/lb with blue loctite with out any problems-have been concerned since I may have over tightened-also had concerns the wet loctite may have acted as an lubricant. does anybody know the factory book torque on o6 engine anchor bolts?-david

Take torque wrench and bend over, apply liberal dose of KY. Stuff torque wrench where ever it will fit.

The answer for ALL of these torque questions is 185 ft/lbs

The definition of torque is when you get up in the morning and have to pee, but you have an erection, when you push it down and your feet come off the floor,....... Thats Torque.........

Whatever you come up with, make sure U torque the left side first like the FSM says. Plenty of posts about vibes from torqueing right side first.

Later,,, De :rolleyes:

I torqued the bolts to 40 ft-lb and it seems to work okay.

I set my torque wrench to 40 ft-lb and applied tightening torque to one of the original bolts: The wrench "clicked" with little to no turning of the bolt, which implies that the bolt was torqued to at least that value. I also found a note (written in German) in the bag containing the frame sliders, and it recommended tightening the bolts to 55 N-m, which is approximately 40 ft-lb. So it looks like 40 ft-lb is the answer.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.