2006 FJR Texas Fuel Average (through 2300)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now thats all after the barbarian mod (with +7) on the 06. Before the mod, subtract 3 from each of the above numbers.
Greygoose
Hey...Greygoose,on my 06A before the mod, add 3 from each of the above numbers.

Ed... :rolleyes:

4760 miles round trip to WFO 5 on the AE and used 100 gallons. Strickly stock, no mods. Much of the trip out west was at higher elevations. Texas highway driving yields 45-48 mostly. Bike now has 6100 miles. I do ride with the windshield down and a slightly leaned forward riding position.

Out of curiosity, at 70 mph I raised the windshield from full down to full up. The MPG reading went from about 47 to below 35.

John

4760 miles round trip to WFO 5 on the AE and used 100 gallons. Strickly stock, no mods. Much of the trip out west was at higher elevations. Texas highway driving yields 45-48 mostly. Bike now has 6100 miles. I do ride with the windshield down and a slightly leaned forward riding position.
Out of curiosity, at 70 mph I raised the windshield from full down to full up. The MPG reading went from about 47 to below 35.

John
I am at 3100 miles now and I am still averaging about 39-40 mpg.

I think you may have hit the big difference - I always ride with my windshield up.

Best Regards,

Shane