2006 FJR1300 AE Givi Top Case?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Stump

Reaction score
Does the 2006 FJR1300 AE Cerulean Silver match any existing Givi Top Case?

Best Regards,

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the 2006 FJR1300 AE Cerulean Silver match any existing Givi Top Case?
Best Regards,

Shane
yes
Absolutely!

[SIZE=8pt]Taking into account the '04s were Cerulean Silver (light metallic gray :p ), one would assume the color would match. The real problem with Givi will be the mounting rack. They will have to manufacture a new rack for the new tailpiece on the '06 which is unlike any of the previous faster models.[/SIZE]

In some ways I guess I am better off waiting until I get the bike!

Any one have a comparison of a Givi Top Case versus the Yamaha Top Case?

Regards,

Shane

I'm trying to remember. I think the 42 came in Cerulean Silver. Trust me, Givi will announce which topcases will match. They might even produce a Cerulean lid for the 52.

For comparison, its how the space is managed.

Givi: Width approximately the same, but longer (front to back), and shorter (top to bottom). So the space is more spread out. Depending on the size, the topcase will hold 1 or 2 full face helmets. The key will not match the Yamaha, and there is no way to have the lock cylinder changed.

Yamaha: shorter (front to back, but taller (top to bottom). The space is more vertical, so things will have to be stacked or layered. There will be an extra lockset with your bike, and that is for the topcase so it will work with the ignition key as the sidecases do.

There are owners and pillions who are happy with each type. I have the Givi and like the metal frame/rack as I think it is stronger than the stocker, plus I think the grabrails are better for passengers, but it is a bit more "industrial" looking.

I'm trying to remember. I think the 42 came in Cerulean Silver. Trust me, Givi will announce which topcases will match. They might even produce a Cerulean lid for the 52.For comparison, its how the space is managed.

Givi: Width approximately the same, but longer (front to back), and shorter (top to bottom). So the space is more spread out. Depending on the size, the topcase will hold 1 or 2 full face helmets. The key will not match the Yamaha, and there is no way to have the lock cylinder changed.

Yamaha: shorter (front to back, but taller (top to bottom). The space is more vertical, so things will have to be stacked or layered. There will be an extra lockset with your bike, and that is for the topcase so it will work with the ignition key as the sidecases do.

There are owners and pillions who are happy with each type. I have the Givi and like the metal frame/rack as I think it is stronger than the stocker, plus I think the grabrails are better for passengers, but it is a bit more "industrial" looking.
Couple more questions:

1) How does the Yamaha Top Case compare to Givi E52 in space? I plan on using the Top Case to hold my Dell 9200 (17" notebook).

2) Anyone recommend an internet dealer to purchase the Yamaha case (preferably NOT in Texas so I can avoid sales tax)? Please provide web site.

Best Regards,

Shane

2) Anyone recommend an internet dealer to purchase the Yamaha case (preferably NOT in Texas so I can avoid sales tax)? Please provide web site.
Yamaha OR Givi - Gary Mc Coy, University Motors 866-551-6478

Go for the E52 in matte black. It will match your next bike too.

DCP_0605.jpg

E52 on my FJR and wife's FZ6, both Cerulean Silver bikes.

yOUR WIFES fz6 looks pretty good for touring with the givi's , hows the wind protection? Would like to see more pics of it if you have any ! thanks.....Ray

Go for the E52 in matte black.  It will match your next bike too.
DCP_0605.jpg

E52 on my FJR and wife's FZ6, both Cerulean Silver bikes.
So, if you both have touring bikes, why passenger backrest pads? Kids? Do you take turns being the others' pillion? None of my damned business?

;)

I'm trying to remember. I think the 42 came in Cerulean Silver.  Trust me, Givi will announce which topcases will match.  They might even produce a Cerulean lid for the 52.For comparison, its how the space is managed.

Givi:  Width approximately the same, but longer (front to back), and shorter (top to bottom).  So the space is more spread out.  Depending on the size, the topcase will hold 1 or 2 full face helmets.  The key will not match the Yamaha, and there is no way to have the lock cylinder changed.

Yamaha:  shorter (front to back, but taller (top to bottom).  The space is more vertical, so things will have to be stacked or layered.  There will be an extra lockset with your bike, and that is for the topcase so it will work with the ignition key as the sidecases do.

There are owners and pillions who are happy with each type.  I have the Givi and like the metal frame/rack as I think it is stronger than the stocker, plus I think the grabrails are better for passengers, but it is a bit more "industrial" looking.
Couple more questions:

1) How does the Yamaha Top Case compare to Givi E52 in space? I plan on using the Top Case to hold my Dell 9200 (17" notebook).

Best Regards,

Shane
Shane -

Even though Tony is in Texas (Texarkana) the savings on his discounts far outweigh the sales tax expensive - typically Yamaha parts are 19% off - other discounts vary according to manufacturer - also you can ride up to get them and save on shipping.

903-832-7476 Yamahasportscenter - ask for Brad or Randy

Thanks for all the replies.

I am thinking about using my Silver E52 case I have now (I use it on my GL1800/A) since I can only ride one bike at a time.

I guess I will just have to wait and see how I would connect the Givi E52 to the FJR1300!

Best Regards,

Shane

In the past, the side panels have been "Liquid silver", but IIRC from the ALice's unveiling, the new side panels are more metal-flake (?). Still, the silver might not look that bad. You'll really have to wait and see. It surely will be cheaper to only buy the mounting bracket!

I painted my topcase cover satin black. The topcase was one of the things I harvested from the totalled '04 and I did a little bodywork and went with the black for the same reasons MrVvrroomm cited.

So, if you both have touring bikes, why passenger backrest pads? Kids? Do you take turns being the others' pillion? None of my damned business? ;)
Almost never a passenger on either one. I've had my daughter on the back a couple of times. I think the Givi boxes just look better with the pad.

Come to think of it, my wife was back there once. I still have bruised ribs. LOL

More FZ6 touring pics? Here we go...

47939884-d73d-02000153-.jpg

47939894-25e7-02000153-.jpg

47939898-e3a9-02000153-.jpg

47939907-06a6-02000153-.jpg

The bike has: Dual-Star heated grip elements over BMW sport grips, FS6 frame sliders, Throttlemeister, RAM gps mount, Powerlet powerport, Givi E41 sides & E52 top case.

Over the winter I've added a Puig double bubble screen & Corbin seat. She had ordered a Corbin before our trip last summer and they didn't come through in time, so she cancelled the order. Good thing, the price of the seat dropped $150.

DCP_0897.jpg

Yeah, a new custom-made Corbin to our front door for less than $250.