2006 FJR1300AE Price and Features

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR Dreamer

Reaction score
I got an OTDP of $11,109 today for a new 2006 FJR1300AE. Is this a good deal and am I missing anything by not getting the 2008 AE instead, other than price?

They also quoted me $899 for a three year extended warranty for a total of four years. Is this right? :)

All this at 6.99% for 72 months if I want it.

TIA

Assuming you're not a Florida or Canada dweller....The $899 for 3 year extended is extreme. Compare to D&H in Cullman, Alabama for a 4 year extended for sub $400...and it's the exact same warranty good at all yamaha dealers. By the way...this is all covered under the New Users FAQ.

Price for the bike seems decent. I'd buy the bike and then call D&H within a year and add the YES warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound way to HIGH to me. Check some of the prices from D & H in Alabama to get a reference price for an '08. If I remember correctly they were getting 12.7 OTD during the '06 model year. They also have the YES warranty for half the price you have listed.

First welcome to the forum.

I don't think that is a bad price for a NEW 2006 AE. The warranty is extremely overpriced. The only thing is count on putting a g-2 throttle tube on the 2006.

The 2008 has a new profile pulley so you won't have to install one. it reduces off idle lurch and makes it much smoother to launch. I read somewhere that the programming for the 08 is a bit smoother shifting than the 06 but I don't know for certain. I have not ridden a 08. Make sure the ECU recall is done if you get a 2006. let us know what you choose and take pics!

Seems a little high to me considering in CALI you can get an 08' for 14400 OTD. Warranty is a bit much too. Check all the upgrades you get with an 08.

'Sides everyone know, BLACK is the faster color.

I got an OTDP of $11,109 today for a new 2006 FJR1300AE. Is this a good deal and am I missing anything by not getting the 2008 AE instead, other than price?
The price is in line with my local dealer. He also has a new 06 AE on the floor, 11,999 to be exact.

I don't know about any specific advantages on the 08 over the 06. I've heard oodles about the throttle pulley, but don't find it to be a problem on mine. If you tend to be a critical person who expects mechanical precision right out of the box, you might consider an 08 simply because the pulley is more refined. If you're willing to recognize and accept (or modify things yourself) the throttle as is, then the 06 would be fine. But that's a decision you'll have to weigh.

+1 on what the others said about the warranty.

Good luck in your choice, then enjoy the heck outta whichever ride you choose!

Make sure your financing is installment and not revolving credit, ie., credit card or Yamaha Credit...you'll pay less interest with installment.

Check with your local credit union for rates...

IMHO, I think the price is ok for a new '06 AE and ... no ... you are not missing much by getting an '06 instead of an '08. But listen to the others about the warranty. You can do much better on that.

And, oh yeah, here's the best advice so far:

Make sure your financing is installment and not revolving credit, ie., credit card or Yamaha Credit...you'll pay less interest with installment.
Why stress about OTDP when you might take a bath if you're not equally as careful about the P's and Q's of the financing?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, I think the price is ok for a new '06 AE and ... no ... you are not missing much by getting an '06 instead of an '08. But listen to the others about the warranty. You can do much better on that.
And, oh yeah, here's the best advice so far:

Why stress about OTDP when you might take a bath if you're not equally as careful about the P's and Q's of the financing?

Thanks for all the replies...I'll definitely check D&H on all accounts. The financing is simple interest pay off anytime.

Also make sure the recall for the AE shift actuator mounting bracket was done in addition to the ECU recall.

You cheap, money pinching so and so's, Why don't you just go and buy a "Cheap Assed KLR" if you worried about the cost. Just pay the man his $$$$$ and get to riding! As seen on this site, FJR stands for Fuckit Just Ride! :yahoo: I paid top dollar for my 07 last march and Damn happy I did.

Agree don't make that mistake.2 New 07 AE's at Randall Noe Yamaha Rockwall Tx.888.992.6242 $11900 OTD

You cheap, money pinching so and so's, Why don't you just go and buy a "Cheap Assed KLR" if you worried about the cost. Just pay the man his $$$$$ and get to riding! As seen on this site, FJR stands for Fuckit Just Ride! :yahoo: I paid top dollar for my 07 last march and Damn happy I did.
Funny you should mention that. I did checkout the new KLR650s while I was there. :yahoo:

forget about the pricethat you were qouted for the Y.E.S. warranty...get it from D & H, I just talked to them and was qouted $389.00 for the 48 month