2006 From Raptors To Rockets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrloveland

Reaction score
Raptors & Rockets

06 R1

06R1.jpg

06 R6

06R6_e.jpg

06 FZ1S

2006_FZ1S.jpg

I want the New R1! Very Nice, thanks for posting! :D :D

B) B) B)

I agree 100%! Had a chance to demo-ride one this summer and loved it, just wish there was a dealer close by in my area (and had a bit of extra money to buy it).
A Tuono will have to wait as I just got the call that my "R1 for the snow" is in!
WOW...double jealous here

xcsp..........your living the good life

I hate to be the naysayer, but that 2006 R1 appears to be a 2005 "Raven" with an Ohlins fork and forged aftermarket "OZ" wheels. The Yamaha on the side is an aftermarket graphic or photoshop job. If the 2006 comes with those forks and those wheels, you can expect a significant jump in cost.

Some of us have been studying the R6 pics and we believe it to be the 2006 R1 with the wrong letters deliberately applied.

I could be wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time the marketing departments have thrown out "test samples" of pics.

I'd doubt the re-badged R1 theory. There is no way they'd regress on the R1 back to the side-muffler after they've made the underseat a signature feature.

- Mark

Roadracing World is showing this
83927b1125529129.jpg
as the new YZF-R1LE.
Looks like the wheels and suspenders made the cut.
It's on the Yamaha site too:

* 43mm Öhlins custom-valved fully adjustable inverted fork w/ two-way compression damping adjustment

* Öhlins custom-valved fully adjustable rear shock w/hydraulic preload adjuster and two-way compression damping adjustment

* Gold Marchesini forged aluminum wheels

* Adjustable rear suspension bottom link

* Pirelli Diablo Corsa tires

* Starter button doubles as lap timer control

* 50th Anniversary Yellow/Black w/ gold chain, exhaust covers and tank emblems

https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products...499/0/home.aspx

Ohlins suspension front and rear, Marchesini alloy wheels, a few other tricks.

@ outrace

Does/has the R1 come standard with 6 gears? Wow, that bike is a thing of beauty! I didn't see a price listed. You mind sharing how much cash you going to part with on this bike you ordered?

@ outrace
Does/has the R1 come standard with 6 gears? Wow, that bike is a thing of beauty! I didn't see a price listed. You mind sharing how much cash you going to part with on this bike you ordered?
Yes, the R1 comes standard with 6 speeds. First gear is extremely tall, so a stock R1 like my 2004 turns 104 mph at the rev limiter in first. The next 5 gears are used for the speeds between ~95 mph and ~183 mph. This is one of the reasons some of us have to use perspective when folks say FJR's are "fast". (They are, but in the same way that angry fat girls are fast.)

There is a decent chance that the LE won't have the top speed limitation of 300 kmh or 183 mph since it's a homologation model that allows its participation in AMA stock class racing. It'd be kinda cool to have a 190+ mph stocker (with a pipe and power commander). Details aren't fully published yet, but since there are only 500, they might also come with the full race camshaft kit. One never knows what decisions Yamaha will make in the upcoming weeks/months.

So to answer your question on price, I have no idea. It's comparable to the Ducati 999S or 999R which have very similar aftermarket components and similar purposes. The LE makes a ton more power at a weight similar to Duc, so the comparison ends there. The 999S apparently costs somewhere around $22k. The R is more expensive. The LE isn't a Duc. (Thank goodness.)

Yamaha seems intent on winning everything in the US next year, and thus, the LE could come with a plethora of small changes that could make the GSXR and new ZX10 fall by the wayside. On the other hand, they could simply homologate the bike and let the tuners do what they do.

So, it will probably cost whatever the stock R1 costs, plus the wheels and suspenders, plus whatever else they add, plus an "exclusivity charge" if they want it. But then they have to sell it at a price that will get 500 of them off dealer floors and into the hands of the truly insane.

So when it comes to price, your guess is as good as mine. I'm just glad my dealer is an extremely reasonable man. I wish my insurance agent was! :D