2006 Handlebar Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyfool

Reaction score
I have been a big fan of Dale Walker's Holeshot Performance Products, and had a set of his bar risers on my '02 Bandit. I emailed him and asked if this was something he'd tackle for the '06 and newer FJR.

His reply:

I'm slammed now but this may be a project I can get to by spring time.

Maybe ask if any bay area FJR owners would be interested in the loan of the bike for about a week or so when time comes to prototype a set.

This person would get a free set in the end.

I could make a test set up as well as make my cad cam drawings for my CNC shop.

He said he'd look at making them tall enough to help, but not so tall that new brake/clutch lines are needed.

So, not necessarily anything that requires action now, but if you live in the Bay area and are interested, keep this in mind and I'll post (or have him post) as Spring gets closer.

I have been a big fan of Dale Walker's Holeshot Performance Products, and had a set of his bar risers on my '02 Bandit. I emailed him and asked if this was something he'd tackle for the '06 and newer FJR.
His reply:

I'm slammed now but this may be a project I can get to by spring time.

Maybe ask if any bay area FJR owners would be interested in the loan of the bike for about a week or so when time comes to prototype a set.

This person would get a free set in the end.

I could make a test set up as well as make my cad cam drawings for my CNC shop.

He said he'd look at making them tall enough to help, but not so tall that new brake/clutch lines are needed.

So, not necessarily anything that requires action now, but if you live in the Bay area and are interested, keep this in mind and I'll post (or have him post) as Spring gets closer.

Man .... I hope someone, somewhere makes some risers for the '06+. Can't be that difficult. Doug Hines set were just fine. I hope someone looks at his design and makes similar and SOOOOOOOOON, too! I need some risers!

BAGGER

You said it Bagger! SOMEBODY hook us up already!! (and not for $300+)

I'm not exactly looking for a riser as I am something to get the bend out of my wrists.

just wanted to be sure that b4 you go buy a $300 riser, but sure you try moving the bars to the full forward position first.

Below is a great pic to show position of the diff (thx to Chornbe)

handlebarpins08.jpg