2006 Heated Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prudoe

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the heated grips that will come standard on the automatic clutch version are the same as the heated grips that were available as an option on 2005 and prior year models. Also, if they are different (ie a newer design) will the optional heated grips on the manual 2006 bike also be the newer design or will they still be like the old heated grips. Thanks in advance.

Prudoe,

The 06 AE model will have them standard. The A model will be optional but the switch is now where the hazard light switch was on the left inner part of the fairing not as the old one was on top of the clutch master cylinder.

I have pics of the A model but couldn't fihureout how to load on this post (email me: [email protected] so I can send seperately) and you can go to the Yamaha site for the switch on the left H/B for the AE.

Rob

I've geen told the heated grips are in response to Yamaha new design which will not only keep funnel the heat away from on the rider, but actually cool him to the point that heated grips, vest, etc may be necessary even in the summer........I don't really want a bike that cold to ride, even on 100 dg summer days down here in Texas, who wants to freeze to death..

You think the E model might not be so cold to ride since it doesn't come with heated grips?????

Rob/Bluestreak - Thanks for your explanation. I'll be emailing you separately.

downn2 - Heated grips necessary in TX heat - don't believe everything you hear - we should be so lucky that the bike would be so cool!

Thanks guys for the feedback.

I think I've figured it out......if you think about it, pulling in clutch lever over 100 times during a ride generates a lot o body heat.....especially in the hands....but without a clutch you lose this heat source,,,,,,therefore heated grips......Yamaha is just about the smartest Motorcycle manufactors in the world.........But I'll think I'll leave em off on those 100 dg summer days unless my hands start to freeze to the grips that is....