2006 New FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newmanfjr

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of buying a new FJR and after all of my research, it seems this bike is the choice compared to other sport tourers. I found this board today and already found it very helpful. I thought I would post this question.

It seems that stores in my area around Indiana have either some old, but new '06's lying around and a few '08's here and there. A store quoted me $12,100 OTD on a 2006 1300AE. It doesn't seem like a bad price as one store here in town wouldn't budge from $13,300 OTD on the same model.

It seems the '07's and '08's are going to be either $13,000 or higher OTD, closer toward $14,000 after Uncle Sam steps in. Does $12,100 OTD seem like a deal??? If I'm going to buy an '06 I look at the cost differences compared to an '08 or '07.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
12,100 out the door for an AE doesn't sound bad.... If you want an AE.

Remember that OTD is supposed to include tax tag and title.

If you want to drive down to Cullman, AL. there is a dealer called D&H that will sell new 08's around 11,800 but you pay tax title and tag when you get back home. The 2006 AE might actually be cheaper than that.

You can search about the AE model and find a lot of write-ups. Most people who have them seem to love them, but I'm all about the clutch!

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of buying a new FJR and after all of my research, it seems this bike is the choice compared to other sport tourers. I found this board today and already found it very helpful. I thought I would post this question.

It seems that stores in my area around Indiana have either some old, but new '06's lying around and a few '08's here and there. A store quoted me $12,100 OTD on a 2006 1300AE. It doesn't seem like a bad price as one store here in town wouldn't budge from $13,300 OTD on the same model.

It seems the '07's and '08's are going to be either $13,000 or higher OTD, closer toward $14,000 after Uncle Sam steps in. Does $12,100 OTD seem like a deal??? If I'm going to buy an '06 I look at the cost differences compared to an '08 or '07.

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like a good price. i just bought one in Washingtone State for $12,100. It was an 06 with 0.2 miles on it, and was $1000 cheaper thanteh 07 they were pushing without the elevtric clutch.

Always keep in mind that you are buying a 2 year old bike - whether unridden or not. Look at the relative KBB or NADA values for the 06 vs 07 or 08 - that ought to be the spread.

For me (at least for the point in the US closest to me), KBB says that a used '06 AE is worth $11,385 retail (9,996 for an 'A') and an '07 is $12,250 (10,735 for the 'A')

So the year-to-year premium for an '07 at retail over an '06 in my area should be $865 (739 for the 'A').

They don't show the '08s, but prices for those are a known entity as they are current year.

There are a couple of mitigating factors;

1. There is NO difference between the '06 & '07 'AE' beyond color, once the recall has been performed.

2. The '08 does have some improvements worthy of consideration.

3. The color of the '06 is nicer (IMO) than that of the '07

This presumes that you wanted an 'AE' in the first place - in Canada, the '07 'A" model came with the heated grips in '07 where the '06 did not. That gives the '07 A model a $450 advantage.

Always note that one cannot compare OTD prices interstate (and sometimes even between cities, if there's a municipal tax) - so the only number you can use to compare is the price of the machine, with all dealer charges, without any taxes or tags. Those are the numbers that KBB and NADA provide.

Last edited by a moderator: