2006 Ordered

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastercaster

Reaction score
well my dad just ordered an '06 AE model from Tony Orihuela(yamaha sportscenter) in texarkana. price was around 13,500 plus ttl. i wrecked my '05 on sunday. might be totalled. if it is, then i will be ordering a new one too. not sure as to which model yet. decisions...decisions :haha:

I have an 05 and ordered on 06, also. If you like one FJR, you gotta LOVE two.

Yeah. I like that.

I am trying to figure out how to afford a new 06AE as a 2nd fjr in the stable, but having difficulty doing that.

yeppers...that is what the old man is going to do. he got his '05 last november. has put 25,000 plus miles on it in just 10 months. he will keep the '05 as a back up to go along with the '06 and the '04 vulcan 2000. must be nice huh. i will be happy if i get to make the move on an '06. it will be my only bike though.

Yeah. I like that.

I am trying to figure out how to afford a new 06AE as a 2nd fjr in the stable, but having difficulty doing that.
Well, you've got two cages in your garage.... that could be a good start to a new FJR. :cownoy:

For once I agree with you Greg, you should look at getting a second FJR... then I could give the AE a spin without having to spend the money on one! :good:

Yeah. I like that.

Sell your body B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you've got two cages in your garage.... that could be a good start to a new FJR.
Yes, I have been seriously justifying to myself that I really don't need that purty gas fucktard of a truck I have. That would get me 3/4 of the way there.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................

I'm still saving up to buy my first FJR ... WooHoo! ...but in talking to my local

Yamaha dealer rep yesterday he said that they had an 04 for nearly a year

without a bite and that even if the PDP setup was discontinued next year that they

wouldn't order a new 07 FJR to sit on the showroom floor. :angry03:

I got the impression that they only wanted to stock bikes that they felt they could

sell quickly. Cheaper cruisers and crotch variety based on what they have now.

I'm seriously looking at reaching out to other dealers in the region like Southern

Yamaha/Honda in Chattanooga, TN.

Anyone here ever deal with them???

TIA

RogerB in eastern Tennessee :agent:

Well ...so much for secondhand info. After doing a dealer search from Yamaha's web site it seems there isn't a "Southern Yamaha" in Chattanooga.

https://tinyurl.com/akg7p

Any suggestions???? ...and Yes ...I realize I have left myself wide open for it now!

Go ahead ...give me your best shot. :assasin:

"I just want to know how you plan to keep up with me on my new 07 FeeJer that's 175 HP and 550 lbs.?" ;)

RogerB in eastern Tennessee B)

Dude!

Youse gots to pay attention around here!

You didn't mention where you were from that I can see, but based on your dealer search link......

D&H Cycle, Cullman, AL

One of the best dealers in the eastern half of the states!

Skooter! Is that the best you got for me??? :p

It's hard to pay attention when I am sooooo excited about the new

FeeJers! :drinks:

I did see the posts about D&H and I even looked to see how far away it was from

me. I'm VERY near the Virginia state line in eastern TN so it'll be quite a hike to get

to the other side of Chattanooga and on down to D&H. However, I ain't going to

rule out anything right now, it's just that I want to be able to ride home from the

dealership I buy from and I would prefer not to have to stop along the way to

change oil. I lean toward being one of those folks who believe the first oil change

should happen at somewhere under the first hundred miles. Call me silly! :)

I really think I can get a pretty good deal at Mark 4 Honda/ Yamaha/ Suzuki just

off I-81 in Wytheville, VA. I have a cousin-in-law there. ::closeterm: ...whatever

that is ...if there is such a thing.

Well ...anyway, I'm in upper east Tennessee in the Tri-Cities area.

Thanks!

well my dad just ordered an '06 AE model from Tony Orihuela(yamaha sportscenter) in texarkana. price was around 13,500 plus ttl
About $1700 off the sticker. Not bad. The local yamaha dealer called me today and I can use that as a reference point... although I'm going for the manual transmission myself. My wife has a tiptronic in her Acura TSX, and I like it, but I'm not sure I like it enough to pay almost $2000 more.

Anyone else get a price yet?

well my dad just ordered an '06 AE model from Tony Orihuela(yamaha sportscenter) in texarkana. price was around 13,500 plus ttl
About $1700 off the sticker. Not bad. The local yamaha dealer called me today and I can use that as a reference point... although I'm going for the manual transmission myself. My wife has a tiptronic in her Acura TSX, and I like it, but I'm not sure I like it enough to pay almost $2000 more.

I also ordered mine from Tony in Texarkana. 1300A for $11,999.

Made me happy ;)

it's just that I want to be able to ride home from the
dealership I buy from and I would prefer not to have to stop along the way to

change oil. I lean toward being one of those folks who believe the first oil change

should happen at somewhere under the first hundred miles. Call me silly!
You're silly!!!! :bleh:

Well...........I am one of those folks you lean towards also. I bought my 04 FJR from a dealer 350 miles away due to cost savings. After delivery, I took a little ride and did the motoman break in, and returned to the dealer with about 30 miles on the odometer. I then had them perform the first oil/filter change. Then I rode the 350 miles home. I had worked all this out with them ahead of time, but I am sure you could do something similar. If so desired. ;)

Sell your body  B)
Shhhyaaa!!!!

That wouldn't even get me a ratty old Vespa!!!! :eek:

BUTT it will get a laugh, won't it? :p

BY the way I paid 11.5 for my 05. Guess what I'm paying for the wifes 06? That's right 11.5 plus tax, NO set up or delivery charges either.

Grnarrowe

For once I agree with you Greg, you should look at getting a second FJR... then I could give the AE a spin without having to spend the money on one! :good:
Oh, it would cost you my friend....

Cost you dearly.

:agent:

Made me happy ;)
Woot! Tony rocks. I got the same deal. When did you place your order fjrchik?

Made me happy ;)
Woot! Tony rocks. I got the same deal. When did you place your order fjrchik?
ordered it on Wednesday 9.28, bout 4 pm.

how bout you??