2007 FJR - 92 miles???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now this ain't no shit (similar story): Back when there was a waiting list for new Harleys, a guy bought a GTS1000 to ride while he waited to his new Harley to come in. When the dealer called, he took his low mileage Yamaha there and told the dealer to sell it for whatever he could get for it -- they were asking about half what he paid -- for a quick sale. Priorities...! It also helps build-up the H-D image for the dealer to 'lo-ball' the Yamaha. :(

Trading an FJR for a Harley is how one member here got his new FJR for less than $10k. Thanks to those who don't know you can farkle this bike to be as comfortable for longer days in the saddle than most will ever experience. Good deals to be had for those in the know.

I don't understand why he would get an FJR, when he wanted a Harley. Guy really must not know shit about bikes. Hopefully nmanley gets it, and appreciates it.

Proof positive Harley buyers are morons.
Nope. Proof positive that there are different bikes for different riders and styles. The FJR specifically and Sport-Touriers in general are not for everyone. I hope the guy enjoys and appreciates wherever his search for HIS perfect bike takes him.

As with others, I've made my FJR fit ME, just like with my other bikes. After 4 years and 2 FJRs I still smile when I see mine in the garage. Hopefully every motorcyclist arrives at that same place of satisfaction and enjoyment.

Nope. Proof positive that there are different bikes for different riders and styles. The FJR specifically and Sport-Touriers in general are not for everyone. I hope the guy enjoys and appreciates wherever his search for HIS perfect bike takes him.

As with others, I've made my FJR fit ME, just like with my other bikes. After 4 years and 2 FJRs I still smile when I see mine in the garage. Hopefully every motorcyclist arrives at that same place of satisfaction and enjoyment.
Ahh, finally, someone gets it. MM2 is right! Last weekend I took my long time MX racing buddy for a ride. We took both my Harley and the FJR. I had him ride the FJR first, he had ridden it before. About 80 miles into the 250 mile ride, I swapped him over to the Harley.. fully thinking that my performance minded pal would hate the HD..... To my surprise, he didn't ride the FJR again that day. He absolutely freakin LOVED the FLHTCU. He liked the cadence, the low end torque, the back rest, how the bike handled, etc. (OBTW, before you Feejer pilots start chanting that HD's can't handle as good as your rides, well of course they can't.. but I have ridden with folks from this forum that I know I could keep the pace with if not be well ahead of while riding the HD.. :rolleyes: ) The long of the short is that each and every one of us enjoys and appreciates certain aspects that certain models of bikes provides. Then there are folks like me who simply have one requirement - that it have an engine and two wheels! :rolleyes:

Yet another example - three weeks ago I visited my bud Chris. Now Chris is what I call, well, eclectic. Somewhere he found a freakin Sears and Roebuck 2 stroke 250 from the mid 60's?, got it running and when I saw it, my heart just stopped. "Want to ride it?", Chris jauntily asked. "Damn straight" I replied.. and grinned like a schoolboy on the very first ride of his life when I rode it. It clanked, it was clunky, it smoked like Cheech and Chong, it vibrated, and I will remember that ride forever! Arriving back at Chris' house, he saw the big grin and something to the effect of 'it takes one back, doesn't it?" Chris, like MM2, understands. Later, Chris gave me a ride in his Ural side car - now that's a new experience! Every ridden in a side car? Once again, great big grins.

So.. when someone dumps an FJR because they found they would rather ride a Harley, a twingle imported from Sears and Roebuck, or even a new Ural with sidecar, I actually do understand. Someday, you might too!

a big +1. mm2, I couldn't have said this any better... :rolleyes:

--G

+1000 Mike. Well said.

LC

+1000 Mike. Well said.

LC
And +1 on what MM2, Don, and Last Chance said. When I rode my FJR home from the dealer my thoughts were, " I made a HUGE mistake". After so many years on the HD it was a HUGE leap of faith to add the Feejer with never having the chance to test ride one. But gave it the chance it deserved, changed a few things here and there and vola! Now I are one. HD doesn't get as much seat time but I am blessed. PM. <>< :yahoo: