2007 FJR AE owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
I have an chance to buy a left over 07 FJR AE, I was just wondering if there were any issues with the ae? Should I get an extended warranty? Is everyone happy with their ae's, I never owned a clucthless bike before?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well seems everyone who owns one rarely wants to sell,cause I dont see em up for sale alot :/.

I have an chance to buy a left over 07 FJR AE, I was just wondering if there were any issues with the ae? Should I get an extended warranty? Is everyone happy with their ae's, I never owned a clucthless bike before?
It has a clutch it is just controlled with a switch. Got on love it so far.

Well seems everyone who owns one rarely wants to sell,cause I dont see em up for sale alot :/.
A lot of the folks here have pretty strong opinions one way or the other. I have only seen a couple of posts from people that bought an AE and didn't like it. I've had mine for two years and really like it. No problems so far.

For most people it only takes a few short miles to get used to it. Just don't try to second guess it and ride as naturally as possible.

There is no real difference between the 07 and 08 so going for a new 07 makes a lot of financial sense.

The only "issue" is slow speed control, you have to learn a different technique. There are several threads on this site that talk about it.

I've had my '06 for nearly two years. Apart from one little niggling electrical gremlin (that doesn't affect use at all), no problems with its operation.

I have no hesitation in recommending it.

I have had mine for just over a week now. I love it. It also was a leftover '07. I was out this weekend with a very "Harley" crowd. Not the yuppie harley crowd, but the true old school crowd that I have always hung with, and I got alot of compliments on the FJR. I love everything about it so far. ABSOLUTELY no regrets on the purchase. If you compare it to other bikes, I think you are getting alot of bike for the money. And the electric shift is pretty cool! It is probably the smoothest shift out there under acceleration. It's a bit jerky if you are at a "level" throttle but its not often that you will see that... or care, once you get riding it. It's a real blast to ride!

B

I have an 07 and really like the auto clutch function. Now that I have the G2 throttle tube, I very rarely have to use rear brake during slow speed turning. I can now find the sweet spot in the clutch and can turn the bike just as easily as I used to manuever my regular clutch bikes. Its just a matter of practice. Overall, the AE is a blast to ride.

clutch????

i don't need no stinking clutch :p

got mine at the end of last august and just rolled past the 10,000 mark yesterday

i love it more and more each day :yahoo:

I have an 06AE and have just turned 10k miles (bought it less than a year ago). It works flawlessly and I love it. I have been riding 50 years now and there is nothing quite like this bike. Great in traffic and no problem in parking lot manuevers like one might think. The clutch is very natural, just find the sweet spot and make your turn. If you are a bit fast, drag the rear brake, dont just chop the throttle. Practice it and you will find it works just fine.

Ed :yahoo:

Only issue I have found is insufficient time to ride it.

You won't regret buying the AE model. With more electronics, there are potentially more things to go wrong, but I have not heard any reports of techniclal problems with the AE, and have not experienced any myself.

I did purchase the extended warranty, just in case, but I would recommend that with either model, and it can be had for less than $400 from certain vendors.

clutch????
i don't need no stinking clutch :p

got mine at the end of last august and just rolled past the 10,000 mark yesterday

i love it more and more each day :yahoo:
Sonic and I have set a minimum standard for the rest. AE owners are required to average at least a thousand miles per month. It brings good ju-ju to the left-sde leverless brotherhood. :p

Thanks everyone you just made up my mind, the only thing that's in my way is I have to try to sell my HD or trade it in and take a bath.