2007 FJR Service Manual

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxman99

Reaction score
Found this on the 'net (see link below). Legitimate?
How come a Manual isn't available in PDF for download on the Forum.

[Edited by Admin - Rule #9 violation]

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this on the 'net (see link below). Legitimate?How come a Manual isn't available in PDF for download on the Forum.

I was able to download one for my Vmax from vmaxoutlaw.com with no issues.

It's been there for years.

Mike
Being available for years doesn't mean it's been legal for years.

"[Edited by Admin - Rule #9 violation]"

There are certainly hooligans among our numbers, but the outlaws try and keep their heads down.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=142836

Discusses the factory service manual availability. No one but Yamaha can answer why an electronic version isn't available. Perhaps they expected it to be pirated?

The manual looks pretty thin compared to the one I bought. The flyer at the bottom references a date prior to the FJR1300.

Ok, thanks for the input and I apologize for the error.

I just bought this bike on Monday and need as much info as possible as soon as possible.

Mike

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=142836

Discusses the factory service manual availability. No one but Yamaha can answer why an electronic version isn't available. Perhaps they expected it to be pirated?

The manual looks pretty thin compared to the one I bought. The flyer at the bottom references a date prior to the FJR1300.

Couldn't help notice post #6 from Ionbeam here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/156543-fjr-undertank-heat-protector/

Any new news of a similar electronic version for gen 2? I mean legit version.

[ADMIN NOTE: See Rule 9. There has NEVER been a legit digital version for the public from Yamaha. We also established that there is someone selling unauthorized paper versions at deep discounts. FJRForum WILL NOT be a party to the distribution of those items.]

...Any new news of a similar electronic version for gen 2? I mean legit version.
Still nothing that is Yamaha © except the OEM FSM. There is a new kid on the block that is legitimate, the new Haynes paper manual. It covers from '01 to '13 in about the same number of pages as the OEM '06 year alone. Several people have bought the Haynes but so far there have been few reviews and no glowing reviews.

I bought the Yamaha manual for my '07 and have to say I don't care for the way it's laid out. I'm probably going to buy the Haynes version to supplement it. Giving credit where it's due, Harley Davidson service manuals are much more user friendly and cost a lot less.

Cheapest place to get a manual...right here in the classifieds when someone gets rid of their bike and no longer needs the manual. I think one just went for free in the PIF thread. Keep your eyes out for the deepest savings from our amazing members. That's how I got mine.
biggrin.png

For almost everything, you're currently viewing the best FJR 'manual' ever!

It's interactive, comprehensive and frequently far superior to the FSM

It's called, fjrforum.com

coolsmiley02.gif

coolsmiley02.gif
Well, there are the occasional typos and some misplaced graphics (ahem, BeemerDons), but they typically get fixed pretty quick. And I admit it's priced right!

:coolsmiley02:
I agree. The forum has been an incredible help to me.

I have also used a few pages out of my $90 manual. Is just doesn't seem very environmentally friendly to print all that paper for the few pages I needed. Eventually it will change.