2007 FJR vs 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting to see the 2009 models.Just not enough changes to suit my taste.I have read that the 2009 has more changes to the ergonomics and more improvemnet in the heat mangement

When I hit sharp bumps, it sounds like the shocks are bottoming out, or the spring is loose, or something. Hoping it goes away with a few more miles.
Jay

'08 FJR 1300

Sounds exactly like my 2005 FJR. Do you hear it near the top of the tubes? also, while in the garage, are you able to hear it when squeezing the front brake and rocking the bike for and aft (compressing and extending the front forks with some force)?

Congrats on the new ride!

YES! I do hear it that way! What the hell is it??

Jay

'08 FJR 1300

Had an 08 pass me on the highway this morning. I think the black is absolutely gorgeous. Bike was very clean and had a great shine on it and looked fantastic. Discussing picking mine up tomorrow.
That had to have been mine if it was gorgeous :yahoo: :yahoo: . My BT021s have about 3500 mi. on them now (5 weeks) and still look great.

JDP

Figured out my shock noise problem. The dealer failed to torque up the steering stem nut (the 36MM top nut). I put a wrench to it, and my noise went away. Think I did any damage to the bearings by putting 285 miles with a loose stem nut?

Jay

'08 FJR 1300