2007 - seat low vs high

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerbiker

Reaction score
So, i'm 6'3" and have had the seat at low position since i bought the '07 feejer 7,000 miles and 4.5 months ago. Switched it to high to give it a try. Yes it rhymes.

Feels great with more legroom but am up in the windstream more and feel like i'm sitting too high on bike during corners. I'm sure i'd get used to it after awhile but seems like i'm going to choose to be low. Others experience this? For those who bring their bikes to tracks does seat high vs. low make much of a difference? Thanks for opinions.

I am 6'2" and rode the bike home in the low setting and switched it right away to the high position. The increase in leg comfort is much better than the small increase in height and entering the windstream for me. With the stock windscreen in the low position the wind over the top of the screen hits me square in the chest and pushes the hot air down so when riding in the 90 and 100 degree heat that we have had this month it has been very reasonable.

As far as cornering, I do not see that much of a difference although I come from a Vstrom that sits about 3 inches higher than the FJR and so maybe I am used to a higher seating position and do not notice anything funny in cornering.

I do notice that wearing hearing protection makes the ride more comfortable on this bike with the windscreen in the low position as the wind noise is about 3 times as loud as on my Vstrom.