2007 - tech day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a couple of questions about the bike from tech day. Some of it came with the bike (exhaust), some of it I put on when I got it (tank bra) and some is new when I started riding again. My short term memory is mush. I am probably only one step away from a nursing home with drool running down my lip. So I needed to look some things up.

My opinions as well.

Muzzy Exhaust - came with the bike. I like the sound, wife not so much. My bike...I win.

LED light - from a gorilla alarm system that came with it. I removed the alarm but didn't want a hole there. To me it just drained battery.

Mag Knight Tank Bra - I put this on about two weeks after I bought it (2009). I like it. It is showing some wear.
http://www.mag-knight.com/Tank Bra.htm

Brake-away cruise control - I was never a fan of twist. Again, my opinion. I still see it on amazon, but I am told you may no longer be able to get them. Not perfect, but I just use it to give my wrist a rest every now and again.

Vstream windshield (N20302)- I used to be 6'5 and 150 lbs. Years of riding compressed my spine so I am now 5'6" x 5'6". For me it just changed where the wind is. I like it more than stock but wasn't a killer one way or the other.

Carpuride W702 - I had a tom tom rider 2 (bought 2009). It is small. It is way out of date. It still worked but I changed because my eyes are not as good as they used to be. I usually only use a GPS to get me home. I like it. Watch the video somewhere on getting sound direct to helmet or chances are you won't like the sound quality.
From amazon - Carpuride-W702-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Touchscreen

Kemi Moto Tail Bag - 25-45l. - I had a different one that I would use but my laptop no longer fit. It is a knock off I am sure but works fine for me. I put some 3m down first to stop ...more ...scratching.