2008 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want one with A/C, a cloaking device, and a midget to roll up my tent for me.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just don't forget about the cupholder!

And for the 'Nut, youse gots to have the optional gerbil habitat complete with the wheel thing. A man's got to keep his gerbils happy, don't you know. :wub:

:haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off the phone with Yamaha. They have been monitoring the bitching about the FJR on this forum and the oooooing and aaaaaahing about the other competitors hardware. They have thrown in the towel and confirmed the following for the 2008 FJR:

1. FJR3000 (engine manufactured by Kawasaki with no tick)

2. 335 rwhp

3. 310 lb/ft torque

4. 10 speed transmission w/overdrive with 2 speed transaxle (22 gears in all) (by Honda)

5. Manual and electronic shifting on the same bike.

6. 1,200 rpm in top gear at 95mph

7. 320 mph top speed

8. Auto-lubing drive shaft

9. 8 way adjustable, gel-filled, buttock contouring, heated and cooled seat.

10. 4 way auto adjusting gel-filled, hand contouring, heated and cooled grips.

11. Motorized, infinitely adjustable handlebars.

12. 8 PHID 440W projector beam lighting system

13. 11 gallon fuel capacity

14. VVT (Honda)

15. Variable length intake

16. 8 kw alternator (General Electronic)

17. Duolever and Paralever suspension (by BMW)

18. 9” rear end (by Ford)

19. 4 way remote electrically adjustable (from dash panel) shocks front and rear

20. Stability control (BMW)

21. ABS

22. Traction control

23. Adaptive cruise control (Mercedes)

24. Self cancelling turn signals

25. On board communication system

26. On board GPS (Garmin)

27. On board Sat Radio (Sirius & XM both!)

28. On board MP3 (iPod and Creative both!)

29. On board AM/FM (Pioneer)

30. On board ECM package (Valentine)

31. Radar/laser absorbing paint (US Air Force)

32. Cloaking device (Klingons)

33. Air conditioning (Carrier)

34. Adjustable foot pegs (driver and passenger)

35. Floorboards (Harley Davidson™)

36. 168db horns

37. Two stage windshield that provides more surface area for wind protection than a GW.

38. Auto polarizing windshield

39. Wrap around bodywork that is waterproof for rider and passenger up to 200mph. (Will appear as though a GTR and a ‘Busa collided head on and the forms fused.)

40. Enclosed engine with all heat ducted and exhausted to the rear of the passenger.

41. 80 mpg

42. 320mm rear tire. (Toyo)

43. Run flat tires

44. Chrome wheels (by Orange County Chopper)

45. 4 chrome cup holders

46. 8 - 60 AMP power outlets

47. Cigar/Cigarette lighter

48. Driver/Rider backrests

49. Passenger Arm Rests

50. Quadruple turbos

51. 4 stage Wet shot nitrous

52. Wet weight 410lbs

53. Any Pantone color or combination at customers request

54. Expected pricing is $133,999.

Sorry, that' all I could get out of them at this time... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I want one with A/C, a cloaking device, and a midget to roll up my tent for me.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just don't forget about the cupholder!

And for the 'Nut, youse gots to have the optional gerbil habitat complete with the wheel thing. A man's got to keep his gerbils happy, don't you know. :wub:

:haha:
Since I had a seat made for me, my gerbils are just fine.

Ya know, thanks for reminding me... ever since your visit, Alvin has been hooked on crack, Theodore has been in therapy and Simon, well, Simon has been hanging out with a local show tune review and crocheting club... What the hell did you do to my little buddies? :huh:

Just got off the phone with Yamaha. They have been monitoring the bitching about the FJR on this forum and the oooooing and aaaaaahing about the other competitors hardware. They have thrown in the towel and confirmed the following for the 2008 FJR:
<snip out amusing list that is probably a little too real to be funny if you listen to peoples' complaints>
People are funny. Bleh... Ya'll can go buy that other company's machine if you want. I'm sure it's nice and all and will tear up the roads on the top end, but in real world riding, from 0 to 80, on the roads, in the curve, etc., all the "big, heavy, bloated" :rolleyes: sport touring bikes are going to be close enough that the riders make the difference. Out on the salt flats, or the long ass ribbons of road in the West, fine... ya'll can pull away at 160 MPH and keep going. Yay. But remember - you'll still be riding a 1st-year-to-market machine. Hope things stay bolted on for you. ;)

And for you Connie lovers who know how I feel about Kawasaki - no, that's not Connie or Kawasaki bashing - I have a 2005 Malibu, first year after the redesign. Piece of shit. Bought it because it was the only thing Chevy had under $20k that even remotely appealed to me and I got special incentives as a returning loyal leasee. What a mistake. Wife drives a '04 Freestar. First year after the redesign. Piece of shit. She liked it, and it's well appointed for the money, but it's been in the shop as much as not.