2008 FJR1300a

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all! I was looking to get opinions from the forum as to whether or not this seems to be a good buy or not as I am currently looking into an FJR1300. I'm not too familiar with this style of bike as I've always had cruisers. Just looking for something more comfortable to travel on. Thanks for your input! Here's the add for the 2008 FJR1300a:
Bike has 189 miles. Original owner, adult owned, garage kept and is in Mint condition. Bike comes with hard side bags with liners. ABS for added safety and push button electric adjustable windshield. Bike is still under factory warranty. YES available. More photos if needed.

He's come down to $10,750 from $11,290. Is $10,750 for this bike a good deal?
sounds like a pretty good deal if the bike is as it seems.

You might consider coming down $400 so you can get the bike and the extended YES warranty for the same $10,750. If you got that I'd say you are getting a good deal.

I bought new '08 in Aug for right under $12, before taxes, etc.

If the YES is a deal maker/breaker for you you need to find out how much time you still have to get the YES.

Saw your post in the forum and wanted your opinion on a 2005 FJR 1300 selling at North County Yamaha in San Marcos. I wasn't sure because I heard about the heat issues, windshield buffetting and engine buzzing before on the FJR's before the Yamaha 2006 makeover. They want $8,000 for it with 8700 miles. I like the color but I am reading good things about the AE and was thinking if it is worth the wait of saving more money.
Your thoughts?

Sincerely,

GHG
You can find good 2005s for around $7000 now. I bought a 6K mile '05 nine months ago for $7500. What farkles are on the one at the dealer?

Has ABS and heated grips. I would like to send the three digital photos that my friend emailed me but I am not sure how? I tried a few things but it does not seem to be working. Sorry.

GHG

I saw that bike a few weeks ago myself. I contacted him and made an affer of 10,900 and he turned it down..... I'm still looking though.

Well, turns out he wasn't as negotiable as once thought. Although, he will now let the bike go for $11k and not a penny less. On the hunt again.... Thanks for everybody's help! Until next time....

Well, turns out he wasn't as negotiable as once thought. Although, he will now let the bike go for $11k and not a penny less. On the hunt again.... Thanks for everybody's help! Until next time....
Good luck with your search, it will be worth it.

There are some great deals out there right now.

Have Cash or Financing ready and be willing to walk away if the Owner won't cooperate. Another bike is right around the corner.

I signed up for the Alerts on E-Bay, checked this Forum regularly and scanned Cycle Trader.

It took me six months of looking, but I just bought an '06 AE with 2300 miles for $7250. Score!!

I doesn't sound like he really wants to sell. Your offer was a fair price.

I signed up for the Alerts on E-Bay, checked this Forum regularly and scanned Cycle Trader.
When searching eBay or CycleTrader, so yourself a favor (found while I was shopping last month), search for "FJR", "FJR1300", and "'FJR1300A" seperately

For CycleTrader, I set up my search terms (using each of the search terms) and then saved each as a favorite. Then I checked all 3 as some listings woudl only show up under one of the search terms

I paid $10,999 for mine last July with 301 miles, less than 1 month old, including the YES warranty. Times are much tougher now so I'd say its a good deal but not earth shattering. Makes you wonder why someone would pay that much for a bike and only ride it around the block a few times, huh? Hell, my PO even paid $400 for a tire warranty! WTH, their loss is our gain, right?

I paid $10,999 for mine last July with 301 miles, less than 1 month old, including the YES warranty. Times are much tougher now so I'd say its a good deal but not earth shattering. Makes you wonder why someone would pay that much for a bike and only ride it around the block a few times, huh? Hell, my PO even paid $400 for a tire warranty! WTH, their loss is our gain, right?

Was that the AE or the A. What year? Found a new 07 AE. Not sure what OTD price is fair?

GHG