2008 grips on a 2006?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semongtaulie

Reaction score
Well I've searched around the forum but can't find a specific answer. I have a 2006 with factory heated grips and with the "snatchy" throttle problem. I've read about the G2 and the PCIII as possible countermeasures. Some people have said the PCIII is a better countermeasure than the G2.

If I replaced my grips with ones from a 2008 or later would that solve the snatchy grip issue? Also, are the heated grips actual grips or are they a heated element that goes inside the grip.

I'd hate to give up the heated grips but this throttle "catch" is getting annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replacing the grips does not solve your snatchy throttle, replacing the throttle tube with a G2 or reworking your current one will be the fix.

The factory heated grips contain internal wiring that become an element of sorts, but all one piece.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'd better start saving up for more farkles......Oh the madness!!

Well I've searched around the forum but can't find a specific answer. I have a 2006 with factory heated grips and with the "snatchy" throttle problem. I've read about the G2 and the PCIII as possible countermeasures. Some people have said the PCIII is a better countermeasure than the G2.

If I replaced my grips with ones from a 2008 or later would that solve the snatchy grip issue? Also, are the heated grips actual grips or are they a heated element that goes inside the grip.

I'd hate to give up the heated grips but this throttle "catch" is getting annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.
Before you invest money in adding things that you may not really need, or give up those Factory Heated Grips... why not consider doing the Barbarian and Throttle Spring modifications first?

These were done to my bike before I bought it in 2007 and I feel that the throttle operation on my 2006 is very smooth and there's no off-idle stumble when accelerating.

Both are covered in the Gen II Bin 'O Facts