2008 MOTOGP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Last I have seen on Roadracing World was Colin is on the satellite Yamaha team for next year then he may come to the US the year after to AMA racing.

And Ben is still AMA with Yosh. HE had a couple of MotoGP test rained out in Asia recently.

It is silly season, so things could be changing. But with two different factories involved, I doubt this would happen for next year.

Nope. Last I have seen on Roadracing World was Colin is on the satellite Yamaha team for next year then he may come to the US the year after to AMA racing.
And Ben is still AMA with Yosh. HE had a couple of MotoGP test rained out in Asia recently.

It is silly season, so things could be changing. But with two different factories involved, I doubt this would happen for next year.
You are correct, sir. If the title said 2009, I might agree with the original post, but, not next year.

He might do some wildcard rides as the article states.

You MotoGP fans are starting so sound like the "good ol' boys" that watch NASCAR. :eek:

Just kidding! :lol:

I'd bet the contracts are signed (or very close) for the 2008 season. Plans for 2009 would be a bit less "settled"...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really making a joke out of the situation....... In every form of racing there is a certain amount of "shuffling the talent". Pilots and crew member who have great abilities are in demand and are being recruited by other teams.

Here in "The States", NASCAR automobile racing has a huge fan base. Every year the discussion begins:

"Who is Bubba Smith gonna race with next year?"
"Did'ja hear, Al Cornpone has signed on with Ajax Cereal to sponsor his car next year?"

"There's a rumor that Bill Jones is going to leave Joe Smith Racing's "Burger King-Lowe's Hardware-Chevrolet" and is signing a contract with The Johnson Brother's and will drive their DuPont-Liberty Mutual-Wikpedia Ford" next season. There was talk that he might sign with the BIll Tuttle organization and drive one of the WalMart-Dennys-Castrol Motor Oil Toyotas, but that was just a dream."

Etc., etc., etc.
Of course, REAL fans discuss every move and change with breathless anticipation and heated emotions.

Link to Nascar Page

OH NO! Someone hacked into my family file on photobucket!

(I get the picture now)

You MotoGP fans are starting so sound like the "good ol' boys" that watch NASCAR. :eek:

I'd bet the contracts are signed (or very close) for the 2008 season. Plans for 2009 would be a bit less "settled"...
Yep, I'll admit it, I'm a fan :clapping:

Tho, I've never been to a Nascar race, I'm sure I could be sucked in.

Just a weensy bit o' difference between the two series..... :rolleyes:

Maybe I should elaborate

:eek:neeyedsmiley02:

Here's the view at a Nascar venue (Daytona Bikeweek '04) Not bad in early March when there is snow at home :beach:

e93e3ac2.jpg

VS. the view at a MotoGP venue ('07 600 race at Laguna)

6ab21bab.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

Or the rough conditions at turn 2 :rolleyes:

IMG_3300.jpg

Not a far walk for food

IMG_3294.jpg

One can always check out the bikes at the Yamaha tent

IMG_3279.jpg

Or visit with Valetino's Umbrella team

IMG_3379.jpg

Stroll the Paddock

IMG_3369.jpg

Oogle the Ducatis

IMG_3267.jpg

See the sights

IMG_3276.jpg

Oh yeah, We were talking about Ben

:yahoo:

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep, I'll admit it, I'm a fan :clapping:

Tho, I've never been to a Nascar race, I'm sure I could be sucked in.

Just a weensy bit o' difference between the two series..... :rolleyes:

Maybe I should elaborate

:eek:neeyedsmiley02:

Here's the view at a Nascar venue (Daytona Bikeweek '04) Not bad in early March when there is snow at home :beach:

e93e3ac2.jpg

VS. the view at a MotoGP venue ('07 600 race at Laguna)

6ab21bab.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

Or the rough conditions at turn 2 :rolleyes:

IMG_3300.jpg

Not a far walk for food

IMG_3294.jpg

One can always check out the bikes at the Yamaha tent

IMG_3279.jpg

Or visit with Valetino's Umbrella team

IMG_3379.jpg

Stroll the Paddock

IMG_3369.jpg

Oogle the Ducatis

IMG_3267.jpg

See the sights

IMG_3276.jpg

Oh yeah, We were talking about Ben

:yahoo:

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

Just had to see them nice pics again!

MOTOGP has it all over NASCAR. To bad they dont show more of it LIVE on SPEED. Along with more WORLD SUPERBIKE and

ISLE OF MANN TT RACE. Someday SPEED or someone with smarts will figure it out. Look @ the numbers that go to races in

Europe. NASCAR IS OVERATED.