2010 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks....I was looking for some serious information if anyone has any. I wanted to see if the 2010's were going to be a different color other than black and any upgrades that may be worth the wait. The dealer knows that I am not happy with the long wait due to the ignition recall issue on my new 2007, so they have given me the option of not taking the bike since, I have not formally signed any sale contract documents yet!!
Don't let these guys fool you. Yamaha released the info a month ago. For 2010 there will be color choices. I have been told Yellow, Black, Red and Silver. Also there they have upgraded the cam chain tensioner, but this will be fixed on the older bikes through a recall. It will come with PR2s as the new standard tire. The stator output will be upgraded 100 watts.

I would wait for the new model. After all its getting to hot ride now during the summer.

You guys need to quit messing with the FNGs.
Just sayin, a little research first can go a long way. I know personally I did a several weeks of reading before my first post.

Sorry FNG ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks....I was looking for some serious information if anyone has any. I wanted to see if the 2010's were going to be a different color other than black and any upgrades that may be worth the wait. The dealer knows that I am not happy with the long wait due to the ignition recall issue on my new 2007, so they have given me the option of not taking the bike since, I have not formally signed any sale contract documents yet!!
Don't let these guys fool you. Yamaha released the info a month ago. For 2010 there will be color choices. I have been told Yellow, Black, Red and Silver. Also there they have upgraded the cam chain tensioner, but this will be fixed on the older bikes through a recall. It will come with PR2s as the new standard tire. The stator output will be upgraded 100 watts.

I would wait for the new model. After all its getting to hot ride now during the summer.

You guys need to quit messing with the FNGs.
Just sayin, a little research first can go a long way. I know personally I did a several weeks of reading before my first post.

Sorry FNG ;)
:bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

My dealer told me the handle bars will be 2 inches higher and 2 inches back so the bike will be more comfy for all the older people buying the FJR.

Also optional highway pegs will be available. And front and side air bags will be standard equip. on all models.

2010FJR.jpg

I hear that Yamaha follows this forum and has a particular interest in the "dark side" and is coming out with a rear car tire option for better gas mileage. Something about a "greener" bike...

I heard inside information that they will have a V-Max engine option.

My local dealer would only say that a change is likely given the time frame the Current model has been out.

When asked if the rumors of the 1400 had any meat, he only smiled. We will all know within a month or so.

I'd love to see a 1400 with a cross plane crank like the R1 , and a 6 speed.

Just like the 09, only the color will be 'none more black' on the clutch model, and the hard-soft selector for the rear suspension will be changed to a dial.

That goes up to 11.

I hear that Yamaha follows this forum and has a particular interest in the "dark side" and is coming out with a rear car tire option for better gas mileage. Something about a "greener" bike...
Unlikely, the CT has no impact on mpg. Perhaps they'll do a cylinder on demand system, so you can cruise on 2 cylinders and bring the other two on line when you need more power? ;)

That pic is an interesting parts bin. Gen II forks, Gen I front fender, exhaust angle would make for very small bags and they would never paint the grab bar/rack a different color than the tail plastic.

I'd love to see a 1400 with a cross plane crank like the R1 , and a 6 speed.
If it had a bigger engine (presumably, more powerful?) and a cross-plane crank (wider power-range), why would it need more gears...? :unsure:

Just like the 09, only the color will be 'none more black' on the clutch model
Yes..., more black -- deeper black, over-dyed black on black on black... :rolleyes:

and the hard-soft selector for the rear suspension will be changed to a dial. That goes up to 11.
With no noticeable difference between any of the settings.... :blink: :)

They're going a darker black in 2010.
Turn signal cancelers are added, but they removed the adjustable windshield to keep the price the same.

Revised sidestand that's more positive in deployment, however it's a lighter material and may snap off now. Tipovers will be covered under warranty now.

They're dropping displacement to 1150cc to improve fuel economy. Bigger sidecases may offset this though...and they'll have to lower the exhaust cans and will drag around corners more...oh and the cans are bigger because of emissions changes. Think dual exhaust size of the new Connie big! However, the exhaust note sounds like a Ducati crossed with an R1 now! BRAP!

Gearing is improved and you'll be doing 5,000 RPM at 70 mph.

Unlike previous years where they don't tell anything until the week of release...they've been sharing this information with forums first many months before. We're the first to know! ;)
You forgot the Lounge Chair option so you can relax on the side of the road while your waiting for the Tow Truck...

Well, I heard it will have take-off and landing capability since it will have wings...LOL!

Man, I can't wait to be disappointed next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.