2011 Gen 3 FJR 1300 mentioned in Cycleworld

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Few details? How about 'no details'! All it is is a concept drawing and a comment that the bike needs updating.

Unless you work in the Yamaha factory you'll only find out for certain what they are doing when they announce it. Maybe not even at the dealer show . . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
"This illustration represents what we think it will look like."

i.e. 100% fantasy Photoshoppage.

They don't even know it's getting a facelift, they just said it needs one. For some reason.

Riiiight..... :rolleyes:

070120101814540058.jpg

With plenty of competition, Yamaha's popular FJR1300 needs a facelift and updates to go head-to-head with Kawasaki's Concours 14, BMW's R1200RT and K1300GT, and Honda's rumored ST1300 replacement. We don't know too many details, but this illustration represents what we think the 2011 FJR1300 will look like, with MotoGP style-exhausts and cleaner, crisper styling.

How superficial--didn't even mention the addition of the much-discussed 6th gear.

Or the triumphant return of the AE model.

Nor an A/C option...

I'm gonna take my copy back and say "I don't want this no mo'".

070120101814540058.jpg

What a weak photo chop. Triumph tiger light, Honda fairing, Honda 1200 bags, Kawasaki muffler, Yamaha seat.

Can’t they make even one part from their imagination?

It's even uglier than a gen 2
Fixed 'er for you Don.

Looks sort of like a hybrid Beemer with a Suzuki GSZR750 exhaust. The bags look so small they couldn't even hold Busts sheep dip. EEEEEEEWWWWWW. :dribble:

I hope the designers will do better than this. :blink:

070120101814540058.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That side fairing looks like it came directly off a BMW K-GT bike...... :glare:
Notice the BMW hollow rear axle and the ST like bags to go along with the Kawasaki 14's cannon exhaust. Frankenbike for sure.

All I have to say is that whatever a new "Gen III" FJR looks like, it had better sound like this: The Motus KMV4

BTW: You've just listened to 140hp/120ft lbs @ the crank. Sweetness.... :yahoo:

Hollow rear axles? Say, that could provide a rear swivel point for a snow blade. With a beefed up windscreen motor to raise and lower the thing, that could be real useful in January around here. And if they re-introduce the heating power of the Gen I's, whatever snow the blade misses the engine could melt!

Sweeeeeet... I hope CycleWorld is right about this one.

I'm more interested in the Tedium 1200. :thumbsup: Wish it still came in an 850 version.

Afterall I already have an FJR. How much different (and not necessarily better) can it be? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.