2012 Europe Sausagefest & Gelato Tour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yawn.........
P8141082.jpg

P8141080.jpg

get-attachment-2aspx.jpg

get-attachment-3aspx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely wonderful photos, boys!

It looks to have been one helluva trip, and a supremely memorable adventure.

Welcome home, everyone.

And Beemerdons, it'll be great to have you back and contributing to the Forum in your inimitable style. I KNOW I speak for many

when I say you've been missed.

......And ...okay, ...huron52, SacramentoMike, and the Bellicose Bohemian of Bowmanville - we've missed y'all as well.

It'll be refreshing to see a little humor and compelling libel, instead of more steaming piles of odometer and handgun-worshipping unsinn.

biggrin.gif

Jus' sayin', .......and 'nuff said.

P8140385.jpg

https://s441.photobucket.com/albums/qq137/nitrox32/europe/?start=all 419 incredibly beautiful photographs of the Alps Extreme Tour taken by AZ Beemers Club Member Daniel "Nitrox32" Shedore:

What a great week of riding. Here are my stills from the trip I am still working on the videos. I wil post them to youtube and have a link here when I am done.

https://s441.photobucket.com/albums/qq137/nitrox32/europe/
Daniel (right) has a professional grade camera, it can even make yamafitter (left) look good (sort of)!

P8100189-1.jpg

Great pics, folks! Looks like your tour ended on a high note: the notoriously moody 'Glockner on a clear day. Amazing. :clapping:

Mek and I had a good ride back, once we cleared the traffic madness at Riva del Garda. We enjoyed our time with you and we're ready for your next Euro-tour (or will it be North Africa this time?) ;)

Stef

PyrenneesgroupatLevicodinner.png

Great pics, folks! Looks like your tour ended on a high note: the notoriously moody 'Glockner on a clear day. Amazing. :clapping:

Mek and I had a good ride back, once we cleared the traffic madness at Riva del Garda. We enjoyed our time with you and we're ready for your next Euro-tour (or will it be North Africa this time?) ;)

Stef
Stef and Mek I once again want to say many thanks to you two for riding up to Levico to see us, it is always a pleasure to ride with you Italian FJR Forum Gentlemen!

You're right about my infatuation with riding North Africa, I first saw Africa from Gibraltar in June of 1970 aboard my 1966 BMW R60/2. I was on a two week leave from my Army base in Bavaria, Germany and I was pressed for time to get back to duty before I was AWOL, but I always regret not crossing over for just a few days in Morocco.

morocco-tour-12.JPG

I turn 65 on October 28, 2013 and Edelweiss Bike Travel has their Morocco Tour running October 27 thru November 10; what a thrill it would be turning 65 in Morocco!

stefandmekatlevico.png

teerex51-Stef's FJR is in the foreground and Mek's is behind it, both based in Milano, Italia.

EuroFJRs.png

Daniel (right) has a professional grade camera, it can even make yamafitter (left) look good (sort of)!
No matter how good the camera, it can't do anything for you. FUGLY is FUGLY. :p
Thanks Bud. I'm feeling the love all the way to here in Stowe.
wub.gif
We are very sorry Bill, his Mom and I did the best we could while raising him! But no matter how much we tried to mold him right, he still became a horse's ass!!

No matter how good the camera, it can't do anything for you. FUGLY is FUGLY. :p
Thanks Bud. I'm feeling the love all the way to here in Stowe.
wub.gif
My comment was directed towards mi bastard step-pappy ya hoser!
Hey now don't be pissing off the Nord du Ligne Frostbacks, after ten days of running around Europa with these Canuckistanis I realize that they are some muy malo Hombres!

I watched one of them steal gasoline from an Italiano in broad daylight at the fuel station in Levico en Terme, I won't mention any names though (actually, it was BugR - Chris!).

P8110849.jpg

From AZ Beemers Club Member Bruce Cain:

Pso Dello Stelvio. Here is two of three You tube videos , filmed with my Contour Roam set at 720, that will be posted here to cover the 31 minute ride up PsoDello Stelvio. 13% grades, hairpins and cars, vans motorcycles and bike riders everywhere. I will be modifying this post to add the other two links as they are complete. The complete video is 31 minutes and You tube will only allow approximately 10 minutes, or one gigabyte of video at a time.

From AZ Beemers Club Member Bruce Cain:

And the food. Endless food. Breakfast and dinner was provided each day and there was no limit to the amount of food available.Beer is considered a food group in Germany. I do believe water was about the most expensive liquid on the menu- especially is you wanted water with gas( carbonated) and to get ice was like asking for money.  We bought our own lunches and our own break beverages and snacks at the mid-morning and mid-afternoon break time. Here are photos of a lot of the  food we ate:

IMG_0370.jpg

DSC_0208-1.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0079-1.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0051-2.jpg

DSC_0050-1.jpg

DSC_00502.jpg

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_00492.jpg

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DSC_00482.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0046-1.jpg

DSC_00462.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0032-1.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0023-1.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_00122.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_00112.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_00082.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_00072.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_00052.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

I won't be posting very many pics of this trip. Why bother? In fact, why did I even bother bringing a frickin' camera? I just went through mine and the half that weren't all blurry and out of focus weren't nearly as well composed or shot as the ones already posted here. I do have a few special-interest shots, though, that make the cut. For example, you all may have seen Bill's video of our day one ride--the wet one. It only rained for the tail end of that day, but it was enough to get a little wet. And that was the only rainy day we had for the rest of the whole trip! In contrast, here's one of my last day in Munich, the day after everyone else had left for home.

IMG_2803.JPG

What AMAZING luck we had with the weather! Fairly cool, and clear and sunny every day, as you can see from the pics. We were lucky enough to be joined by a big celebrity. Wasn't he great in "The Hunt for Red October?"

stefandmekatlevico.png

14549.jpg

Dave--"Cooleyman" from the AZ Beemers, gets that all the time. In fact, he was approached by some German girls and another guy in Italy cuz they thought he really WAS Sean Connery. In fact, despite their silly obsession with that overpriced brand that led them all to go worship at the shrine of the BMW in Munich, the AZ Beemers were a great bunch of guys and good riding partners. I even kind of liked the Beemer I was riding, a GS 650. Luckily, at my age my reproducing days are behind me, so the crappy seating couldn't hurt me beyond the fact that it crushed my private parts in the most fiendishly painful way imaginable. And the pegs were so high I had to ride the bike like Eddie Arcaro. It was fun in the twisties, though.

IMG_2451.JPG

In a town called Glurns I found a shop that served gelato cones the size of your head. I ordered a "7-5/8."

IMG_2544.JPG

The hotels the Eidelweiss company arranged for us were all great. You've already seen pics of some of the food. Here's one of my room.

IMG_2312.JPG

As the trip wound down, I considered my choices for souvenirs of Germany. Something nice that I'd always have as a reminder of this wonderful trip. Since we spent a day in Switzerland, I thought a nice Swiss watch might be a good choice. I looked at these Breitlings and liked the one on the bottom right. Decided not, though, after I translated the €17,765 into dollars, it seemed a little too high. So I bought a keychain with a beer stein on it instead. Seemed more German anyway.

IMG_2853.JPG

Finally, I do have to post at least one "I Was There" picture, and where better but the Passo Dello Stelvio, the most amazing road anywhere? That's one item off my bucket list. What's next?

IMG_2527.JPG