2012 FJR PROTOTYPE SIGHTED

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slardy

Reaction score
Well folks,

You may find this hard to believe, but this photo was found on Bin Laden's PC after the SEALS took him out :assassin:

I should be on dealer floors in mid-2012 :yahoo:

Slardy

2010FJRPrototype.jpg

Well folks,

You may find this hard to believe, but this photo was found on Bin Laden's PC after the SEALS took him out :assassin:

I should be on dealer floors in mid-2012 :yahoo:

Slardy

2010FJRPrototype.jpg
Where are the hard bags and windscreen? Is that the new Russell seat?

I don't think I like the changes...

I'm wondering if a V Stream or a Rifle would work better on that. What do you guys think? :p

Looks like Bin Laden was misguided about a lot of things. Yamaha has other plans. They decided to capitalize on BMW's lead with their new 6 cylinder sport touring mount. But why settle for just 6? Yamaha has decided to go with a 7 cylinder radial model for 2012. Check out the spy photo below.

Gary

darksider #44

ps. If you're tired of being late for work, Yammie is also showcasing their 2013 high performance radial model in the background.

Radialengine.png

Last edited by a moderator:
But the really important questions are:

1) Does it have cruise control?, and

2) Is it a 6-speed?

:p
no and no.

Isn't that Jay Leno's bike? I KNOW he has some sort of insane gas turbine engined bike that puts out as much HP as a top fueler, like 300-500HP and at stop-lights melts the plastic stuff on nearby cars....

When you get that turbine cranked up there may be just a little bit of a heat issue. Even a Gen I will seem air conditioned in comparison. Roasted chestnuts, anyone?

And that radial engined cruiser looks great, but what a wimpy little motor! I was just looking at a 28-cylinder (four banks of seven) from an old Constellation. Now that's a powerplant! (Wonder what the valve adjustment interval is?)

ps. If you're tired of being late for work, Yammie is also showcasing their 2013 high performance radial model in the background.

Radialengine.png
The last time the one in the background was near a Yamaha production line it was dropping heavy objects that seriously disrupted distribution of all products...