2012 FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't take much to blow away the Beemer and the Kwacker..Looking at the numbers in the Sept. Cycle World comparo of the two, I've seen better numbers on FJR tests. Mamaha could always drop in the new VMax mill-they must have a lot laying around..Reality is that a 2012 FJR will prolly be as rare as an '88 FJ1200.

'03 Liquid Silver -left - Gen 2 Liquid Silver-right

2011JulySouthernIndianaride021.jpg

Wouldn't take much to blow away the Beemer and the Kwacker..Looking at the numbers in the Sept. Cycle World comparo of the two, I've seen better numbers on FJR tests. Mamaha could always drop in the new VMax mill-they must have a lot laying around..Reality is that a 2012 FJR will prolly be as rare as an '88 FJ1200.
Speaking of Cycle World, what's with those guys? I've read the September issue and the way they praise the c14, you would think it could cure cancer.

I don't get it. Must be some behind the scene money changing hands.

They just released pictures of the new 2012 FJR and you guys were right on one part... it is silver again this year. We're sure to take the top spot from the Connie in Cycle World this year though because we've got an extra wheel now!! :clapping:

2010-Can-Am-Spyder-RT-Roadster.jpg

They release info after their annual dealer's meeting IIRC. And yes, I believe it is usually in September, perhaps October timeframe.
Oh, please. Like Skooter doesn't remember exactly when Yamaha makes it's annual announcement. It brings him the almost perverted joy being the guy every year to start the new model year topic. Probably sits around all day hitting re-fresh on his browser. ..."perhaps October time frame". Please. :p

They're gonna skip 2012 and come out with the 2013s early next summer.

It'll be an all new generation bike, with 6 of everything. 6 speeds, 6 cylinders, 6 headlights, 6 power sockets, 6 drink holders, 6 seat positions, 6 handlebar positions, 6 shock settings, 6 color choices, 6 luggage compartments, and 6 ECU maps.

It'll have cruise control, 2-way radio with Bluetooth to the helmets, and a revised rear crack-proof subframe with a 70-pound load capacity.

Best of all, it'll only be 6300 bucks out the door.

But no one will ever run one over 200,000 miles!
Don't forget the revised glovebox.

There just going to change the color to pearl white :dribble:

Only because the world is going to end on 12-21-2012 anyways so why retool. :alien: :nuke: