2012 Hooterville/Arkansas ride - October 4-7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You bitches!! Making these awesome rides always too far away for a weekend.

Can't you move the midwest a bit more mideast? :unsure:

I know, I'm a CBA pussy. :p Wish I could make.

You bitches!! Making these awesome rides always too far away for a weekend.

Can't you move the midwest a bit more mideast? :unsure:

I know, I'm a CBA pussy. :p Wish I could make.
Well, ya better not wait too long. In a couple years my hacienda moves south and east and I ain't gonna be able to organize midwest weekend rides from there for damn sure. :)

Next year maybe. ;)

:D

I had to pull back one day, so I won't show up Thursday Oct 4th in Hooterville/Farmington,MO... but WILL BE in Clinton, AR, Oct 5th and 6th.

See you all there. :yahoo:

This is turning out to be quite a shin dig!!

I'm plannig an Ozark trip this Fall and if the leaves will cooperate, I might join ya'll along the way.

The routes you have planned are excellent - I've ridden all of those roads many times.

I 500 mile loop of Ozark twisties is one hell of a day ride.

I'll be lurking...

This is turning out to be quite a shin dig!!

I'm plannig an Ozark trip this Fall and if the leaves will cooperate, I might join ya'll along the way.

The routes you have planned are excellent - I've ridden all of those roads many times.

I 500 mile loop of Ozark twisties is one hell of a day ride.

I'll be lurking...
The Hooterville rides are always nice little shindigs...named and started by Smitty back in 2005 or earlier, it has always just been a little informal gathering of friendly riders riding the heck out of some great roads.

The 500 mile loop was not put together by me, but by Scott/fjrrider and Mark/GloryRacing. I just enjoyed their loop so much back in 2009, I thought I'd give it another go...and as said before, most people may not do it, but loop early back to the barn...but it sure looks to be a good loop/ Hope you can join us, If not, have fun on your ride.

and as said before, most people may not do it, but loop early back to the barn..
True this - because the mountains are relatively smaller in stature than other ranges, there are tons of opportunties in the ozarks to "cut the loop" short. And it matters not which road you take - North of I-40 and Weat of Hwy 7, every single road is fantastic for riding. This is quite a bit different than the Smokey Mountains. Although the roads there are great, once you commit to a ride plan, you have very few if any opportunities to change you mind.

The Hooterville rides are always nice little shindigs...named and started by Smitty back in 2005 or earlier, it has always just been a little informal gathering of friendly riders riding the heck out of some great roads.

The 500 mile loop was not put together by me, but by Scott/fjrrider and Mark/GloryRacing. I just enjoyed their loop so much back in 2009, I thought I'd give it another go...and as said before, most people may not do it, but loop early back to the barn...but it sure looks to be a good loop/ Hope you can join us, If not, have fun on your ride.
I thought that route looked familiar!

I plan on being there, it'll be fun to do a 500 mile loop again....All Day baby!!!!!!

I thought that route looked familiar!

I plan on being there, it'll be fun to do a 500 mile loop again....All Day baby!!!!!!
It better be familiar...or I'd be worried about your mental faculties.

Heck, you'll be done with that 500 mile loop by 1 or 2 pm I suppose...it'll be boring waiting for us normal folk to get back to base.

You been back to Clinton recently? Is that Mexican place still open? Man that was some good stuff...best I've had.

I will try to get gpx files posted somewheres in a week or two before I head out to EOM I hope.
I was playing around with Basecamp (Garmin's mapping program) and it shows ar215 as a gravel road. I have their latest version too. It's weird because every other mapping program shows it as paved, even the satellite images look paved and since you guys did it in 2009 I figure you know it's paved. So, just a heads up if anybody is messing around with Basecamp, it's wrong.

Unless Mark is planning another gravel surprise. :p

I will try to get gpx files posted somewheres in a week or two before I head out to EOM I hope.
I was playing around with Basecamp (Garmin's mapping program) and it shows ar215 as a gravel road. I have their latest version too. It's weird because every other mapping program shows it as paved, even the satellite images look paved and since you guys did it in 2009 I figure you know it's paved. So, just a heads up if anybody is messing around with Basecamp, it's wrong.

Unless Mark is planning another gravel surprise. :p
I don't remember any gravel on the AAD-500...so there shouldn't be. I'll double check...but if there is gravel...I'm sure it will just be your guys fault...like usual. :lol:

There are no gravel roads on the AAD-500...now if you guys decide to head down one on yer own...I can't help that.

I've tried to help in the past...but you guys are gravel magnets.