2013 1400 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capttwb

Reaction score
Have not been to this forum in awhile. Been interested in the Road Star Warrior, what a sweet riding bike. However I stopped by to see what you guys were saying about the new 1400 FJR. I can't find a thing about it on here. Anyway just in case you guys have not heard Yamaha is finally updating the FJR. It will get a larger displacement engine, crossplane engine technology , and also traction control. Body upgrades including a top trunk. All in all it looks like a nice makeover. You can check it out in last months Motorcyclist mag. (July)

Yeah...

Like most of the crap in Motor Cyclist magazine, it isn't worth the ink it is printed with.

I'll bet you $50 that the 2013 is a different color FJR1300.

Have not been to this forum in awhile. Been interested in the Road Star Warrior, what a sweet riding bike. However I stopped by to see what you guys were saying about the new 1400 FJR. I can't find a thing about it on here. Anyway just in case you guys have not heard Yamaha is finally updating the FJR. It will get a larger displacement engine, crossplane engine technology , and also traction control. Body upgrades including a top trunk. All in all it looks like a nice makeover. You can check it out in last months Motorcyclist mag. (July)
Check the NEPRT section, rumors going around for a long time!

ibtl00183f.jpg

'bout damn time somebody posted something here about the new FJR!!!

...'bout damn time somebody posted something here about the new FJR!!!
What I worries me are what tires it will come with and what pathetic, inadequate oil Yamaha will put in he engine at the factory. Lets not even think about the ridiculous break-in procedure that the owners manual will specify.

[i'm gonna burn in NEPRT hell for this post :lol: ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MEM
How is this not locked/moved yet? Is this mod free friday???

WOOOHOOOOO! PAAAARTY! :yahoo:

I heard max speed is bumped up 5 mph on this one, good for 155mph!

Metric transmission so y'all can ride it in Canada too!
Only if they let you in though.

EDIT: Oh yeah...1400ccs kickass...cuz you know the first 1300 aren't doing their job...they're waiting for the last 100ccs to come along to do the REAL work....and it has a real wiring harness this time...not a cobbled together gen2 spiderweb.

Metric transmission so y'all can ride it in Canada too!
Only if they let you in though.

EDIT: Oh yeah...1400ccs kickass...cuz you know the first 1300 aren't doing their job...they're waiting for the last 100ccs to come along to do the REAL work....and it has a real wiring harness this time...not a cobbled together gen2 spiderweb.
youremyheropatriotic.gif

Yeah, Motorcyclist magazine doesn't know any more about a new FJR than we do. Not just this year, but every year since 2006, at least!

Maybe you haven't been here in a while, but you didn't look around very much to see that this "hasn't been discussed here."

Personally, I think it's gonna have GPS, cruise control, a hybrid drive system, Am/FM/Cassette, and helmet locks.

And it's gonna weigh 1250 pounds and cost 47,000 dollars.

Ooh. Forgot! 2-wheel drive, so you can off-road it!

1400 Volts . . . 'cause it's 'lectric and all . . . motor and tranny out of a Nissan Leaf

Wow...What is this? The 6th thread about this same stupid shit? If anyone spends three minutes here, they can find the threads. They all have red "closed" indicators in front of them.

That being said, I have completely reliable information from the regional Yamaha sales guy that Yamaha is totally revamping the Warrior series. They're gonna have 5000cc engines, ceramic brakes like the space shuttle, and be guaranteed to make every female passed by the chopper wannabe rider to orgasm. They're gonna have an introductory price of $600. Amazing isn't it?

You should go sell yours in anticipation of those new confirmed bike.

To add to this, here in Indianapolis a friend of mine who knows nothing of this and little about FJR's (just that I have one) was telling me of a commercial he heard on the local radio.

It spoke of the "new 6 cylinder FJR" that was going to be unveiled at this local motorcycle show coming up.

He asked me if I'd heard about this? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.