2013 1400 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until it is formally announced or released it is all hearsay and not worthy of consideration.

I'm amazed that the thread has been allowed to run as long as it has.

Six cylinders, you say? Talk about your truly major redesigns . . . .would they be announcing something this big at some regional bike show? I just don't see it . . or they need a new marketing VP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until it is foremally announced or released it is all hearsay and not worthy of consideration.

Six cylinders, you say? Talk about your truly major redesigns . . . .would they be anouncing something this big at some regional bike show? I just don't see it . . or they need a new marketing VP.
Gr8 point Bram. If I'm not mistaken, the same type of, well, hype was said about the 2012. Thus the tale continues.

Until it is foremally announced or released it is all hearsay and not worthy of consideration.

Six cylinders, you say? Talk about your truly major redesigns . . . .would they be anouncing something this big at some regional bike show? I just don't see it . . or they need a new marketing VP.
Gr8 point Bram. If I'm not mistaken, the same type of, well, hype was said about the 2012. Thus the tale continues.
...and the 2006 and the 2007 and so on...

The last internet rumors that were even close to being right were back in 2003....

"The 2004 FJR will be the Best Model Ever...and the following 2005 year model will be a 2004 with a bad paint job"

That was the only one that was EVER correct!

However I stopped by to see what you guys were saying about the new 1400 FJR. I can't find a thing about it on here. Anyway just in case you guys have not heard Yamaha is finally updating the FJR. It will get a larger displacement engine, crossplane engine technology , and also traction control. Body upgrades including a top trunk. All in all it looks like a nice makeover. You can check it out in last months Motorcyclist mag. (July)
I did a post on this same article last month. CLICKY

I pointed out that the article only said, "...information from Europe indicates that an upgrade may be coming this year."

I dissected the article in that post, pointing out that the whole thing was nothing but speculation based on that one statement.

The article NEVER SAID that Yamaha IS finally coming out with a 1400 with this, that and the other features. It said that IF the information was true (and that's a very big "IF") the bike might have these things... Ya might want to re-read it.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
The last internet rumors that were even close to being right were back in 2003....

"The 2004 FJR will be the Best Model Ever...and the following 2005 year model will be a 2004 with a badass paint job"

That was the only one that was EVER correct!
Fixed it for you. :D

Wow, this must be a the weekend all the mods get together and go riding. I would have never predicted this thread would be allowed to live so long!

Wow, this must be a the weekend all the mods get together and go riding. I would have never predicted this thread would be allowed to live so long!
Yeah, I thought it would have been locked long before now. Maybe they're curious to see how far it will go? Must be like playing "Wack A Mole" squelching all these 1400 FJR threads as fast as they pop up.

Have not been to this forum in awhile. Been interested in the Road Star Warrior, what a sweet riding bike. However I stopped by to see what you guys were saying about the new 1400 FJR. I can't find a thing about it on here. Anyway just in case you guys have not heard Yamaha is finally updating the FJR. It will get a larger displacement engine, crossplane engine technology , and also traction control. Body upgrades including a top trunk. All in all it looks like a nice makeover. You can check it out in last months Motorcyclist mag. (July)

The reason you dont see it here is because they move it when someone posts about it. Cant figure them out :angry2:

Must have their hands full of other stuff :yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.