2013 after-market muffler only?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have also been looking for a set of pipes for my '13. After reading this I am going to try finding some used pipes. If anyone has some they are going to move for "Spring cleaning" drop me a PM please....

I have a pair of used OEM mufflers I'll let go for what I paid for them, $225 includes shipping. They're un-modded- I bought them just in case I didn't like the trooper mod. I did. They're not pristine but they're in very good condition. PM me with your email if interested in pics. I do PayPal.

Thank you all for the great suggestions and advice everyone! I like the suggestion for modifying the stock pipes but would obviously have to commit - there is no back-out for that option. The Delkevic pipes just do not look as nice as the 2BR pipes. And, you are right - it's for looks and sound only because I do not expect (or need) a performance increase. But yes, very spendy... which makes modifying the stock pipes a better looking idea.
I'm a little south of you and have Trooper modded pipes on my FJR if you want to hear what they sound like. I also have the Garauld custom tips installed on them. I didn't want anything too loud because stealth is a good thing (don't tell the loud pipe pirates). The trooper mod gives the bike some throat without being obnoxious. There's a slight motorboat sound that I wasn't too sure about initially, but it's grown on me and I'm keeping them installed.

Training Pilot - I just bought the 2BR pipes (shop gave me my Chapter discount plus some) so I bit the bullet. After I install them, I'll let you know up here and we can see if you want my OEM pipes? I'll do some before and after video/sound for everyone interested, too.