2013 Back End Really Unchanged? Passenger Peg Placement?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
I'm trying to order the bag guards pictured for my 2013. I've heard bikes are the same from tank back, but I see this difference.

Ryan Nichols at MC Enterprises is being extremely cool though--he's sending me a set WITHOUT charging me, and WITH a return shipping label in case they don't work. Please see the pic below and let me know what you think about the changes. Do you think passenger peg bolt is in same place relative to muffler hanger bolt?.....Jeff.

MCBagGuards2012vs2013.jpg

No. NOT at all! The rear ends of Gen II and Gen III ARE identical EXCEPT for the passenger peg mounting bracket. They went back to a design similar to the Gen I. I don't see how those bars would work at all.

This info was pointed out deep inside the initial '13 FJR thread. You need to spend more time on the forum reading, and less time riding that pretty POS Gen III FJR of yours! What the heck is the matter with you?

Looks like Ryan is going to get his hands on a 2013 and make the necessary changes.

Good on him for sending them out to you for N/C to see if they fit.

No. NOT at all! The rear ends of Gen II and Gen III ARE identical EXCEPT for the passenger peg mounting bracket. They went back to a design similar to the Gen I. I don't see how those bars would work at all.

This info was pointed out deep inside the initial '13 FJR thread. You need to spend more time on the forum reading, and less time riding that pretty POS Gen III FJR of yours! What the heck is the matter with you?
Hey, with Fairlaner's help I lifted my tank and took the dash apart to get to my battery yesterday to install my Gerbings pigtail and battery tender harness so I COULD ride in 32 degrees and wind in Fort Worth today....:cool: If I wasn't such an accountant I could think about adding a fuse block so I could have the wires where I want them. Using the Gerbings harness I only had room to go to right side of seat from the battery....8-(

And at least I can take some pics for Ryan at MC. He needs to get his hands on a 2013 though. He raved at the pic of mine, thinking his powder black accessories would sell like hotcakes. So he's getting back on it.....

Last edited by a moderator:
so where is this Ryan guy?

R
Your area. I've recommended more than once he look you up here. According to the website:

MC ENTERPRISES

460 South Lombard Street

Oxnard, California 93030

The bag guards he's sending me to try (with return shipping label) are out for delivery today. I doubt they'll fit, but if they do I'll pay for them. If they don't I'll take a bunch of pics and send to him. If you can do a drive by to help him out we'd all appreciate it....:cool: He seemed to want to get right on the "canyon cage" for the '13.

Edited to add. I just sent Ryan ([email protected]) a link to this thread and suggested he chime in. He's had trouble getting a '13 to check out.

Last edited by a moderator: