2013 FJR based on the April Motorcylist comparo(and other reviews)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The CC over here is good to 111 so what's the difference between bikes? Could a Euro part be fitted to US models to bypass the limit? Just a thought.
ECU controls it. As well as a bunch of other stuff. Conventional wisdom is that not only would sourcing the Euro ECU be cost prohibitive, but it would not be compatible either.

stop worrying about how your FJR compares to those overrated bikes and start riding it.
Since most Japanese motorcycle dealers do not permit test rides most people considering a major purchase such as a motorcycle have to rely upon word of mouth, reviews or comparos such as the Motorcyclist article in April. As you can see from some of the comments posted above many potenial buyers turn to all these resources, including this forum before making their decision.

I know our Chrysler Town & Country maxes out at 85mph, so did the '96 Dodge Ram I had. My brother's Focus does as well (2004). I guess I'm going to need to test the Jetta out, could be useful for the run to Chicago at the end of the month...

I see the wing's will set at 100mph, so that rules out my previous thoughts of NHTSA "big brother" intervention being the culprit.

Doesn't the CC on most if not all cars will set at 85 max as well - I'm sure it's got something to do with NHTS
Odd. My Subaru STi locks in at least above 110. Not tried it higher than that but it wasn't dialing back at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the CC limit is something that works like the Barbarian jumper mod where undocumented "features" can be accessed by changing ECU pins? If I'm not mistaken, the "mod" doesn't have to be done for bikes in some parts of the world...

Idle speculation, please ignore.