2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I didn't think he would be having a burrito from Hardee's :)

Haven't noticed how often the numbers are scrambled, but rider 129 is no longer that number.

The weather has not been kind to those riders who took the Southern route and it is getting its last licks in while those riders are in the homestretch.

shd.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps redundant but, Google Street View is updated about every 5 years by Google camera trucks driving the streets and highways.... that bike does not look ready to grind out anything other than a short commute to work! LOL!
However as has already been posted "that bike", a 500cc Vulcan with aux tank was used by another rider to finish the Iron Butt Rally in the past. Remember, all is not as it appears. ;)

My friends, the Wellers, on their GSA, are about 230 miles out. It's going to be touch and go. Any news on FazerPhil

Was there a day 10 report or did I miss something?

Oh yeh, Did someone throw a turbo charger into the forum cause it seems to be working better in the last 24 hours.

Dave

Meese had a minor crash and is out of the rally 330 miles from the finish. He is okay.

Crap, my pony crashed out? Glad he's already, can't imagine how frustrating it is this close to the end. I wonder how his pts would have stacked up.

115 is really going to be cutting it close.

I really appreciate all of the insights from this forum and I've really been enjoying watching this unfold. My boss, not so much.

Thanks.

Hour to go. What the hell am I going to do next week? Work?

We had literal gully washers this early am. Hope the riders were on the other side of it. The frogs that live under our driveway were in the road when I pulled the bike out of the garage this morning. It was dicey on the back roads. Can't imagine having to deal what that after 11 days on the road.

Matt is in the hotel getting his crap in a sock before scoring. His dad made a surprise visit.
Glad to hear that! And...as you are writing this, I assume that means you are back from what appears from the outside and the first 2 legs to be an AWESOME ride! Way to go!

Joe Leggett

IBA #374

Saw Iggy and met his papa, he looks good, but I think his back is hurting.

Sorry to hear about Meese, but glad he's not injured seriously.

Matt is in the hotel getting his crap in a sock before scoring. His dad made a surprise visit.
Glad to hear that! And...as you are writing this, I assume that means you are back from what appears from the outside and the first 2 legs to be an AWESOME ride! Way to go!

Joe Leggett

IBA #374
Not necessarily Wendy could still be out there picking up bonuses. Wendy account has been used during the rally by what I assume is her SO.

Joe Leggett

IBA #374
Not necessarily Wendy could still be out there picking up bonuses. Wendy account has been used during the rally by what I assume is her SO.
Wendy is in per a FB video & Picture post. She arrived about an hour ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.