2014 saddlebag sliders/guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I installed them on my '16 A model today. The black sliders look good with the black accents on the '16.
It's about time! Your new bike was looking so... NAKED!
wink.png

If the bike goes over while stopped, with the T-Rex sliders prevent damage/scratches to the fairing, etc. or will I need bars to prevent any damage? A newbie just trying to understand the difference. Thanks.

With sliders and bag guards, your remaining area of vulnerability is your mirrors. Based upon reports of folks who've dropped theirs. With sliders only, you're going to be out a bag or at the very least will need to send one to Garauld.

These were available for GenII, too bad they don't have a set for GenIII due to the redesign of the rear footpeg mounts...... however, if one was creative....... check out the pdf files for more concept info and engineer your own?

I had a set on my '07, and they will protect the bags from touching down in a tipover (DAMHIK).

https://www.bike-design.com/en/product/37733/crash-protection-kit?from=%2Fen%2Fshop%3Ff%255Bbd%255D%255Bman%255D%3D323%26f%255Bbd%255D%255Bmod%255D%3D2070%26f%255Bbd%255D%255Bbyear%255D%3D2012%26f%255Bbd%255D%255Bu%255D%3D0%26p%3D2

bruceb1949 posted: If the bike goes over while stopped, with the T-Rex sliders prevent damage/scratches to the fairing, etc. or will I need bars to prevent any damage? A newbie just trying to understand the difference. Thanks.
Am I the only guy here who isn't worried about a scraped-up hardcase and fairing?

I guess I figure I have good insurance, and my deductible is way less than a full set of cages and sliders. And I like the clean look. At least for now.

I'm more about not losing ride time getting the bike fixed. And having had a couple of LE bikes with full protection, I'm in no mood to give it up. I invested a couple hundred and about 30 minutes for front and rear protection and haven't thought about it since, at least not while riding the bike. Would do it again.

bruceb1949 posted: If the bike goes over while stopped, with the T-Rex sliders prevent damage/scratches to the fairing, etc. or will I need bars to prevent any damage? A newbie just trying to understand the difference. Thanks.
Am I the only guy here who isn't worried about a scraped-up hardcase and fairing?
No. I mostly don't care either. As long as my rocket flies, I am good to go. But I also don't want to go thru the hassle of replacing broken cases. I have not been on here long, but I have seen too many messages to people looking for cases that pretty much got told.......GOOD LUCK.