2016 es 3m clear film locations on bike to apply ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel S.

Reaction score
morning guys, say my last bike had the 3m film on the tank protector area, nose, front fender, mirrors, bags, and a few other places. Have my appointment scheduled for monday, thinking headlight, nose area, mirrors, windshield bracket covers, fender, bags, ...

any other places come to mind that get worn on this bike ?? how about the color side panel, by the seat ??

noticed the area right behind the front tire is colored also, seems that area would take a heck of a beating??

my riding is back country fun roads, with a group. seems sport guys are always kicking up sand and rocks and stuff, lol. price to play i guess.

thanks much for the time,

Joel

Where your ankles rub on the frame;

Where your knees can rub on the side fairings;

Last edited by a moderator:
I use LaminX film on the headlights of the FJR and my car also. Takes a little bit of work to get them to conform to the multi-curve surfaces but provide good rock protection and prevent the hazing and yellowing of the lens. I don't know that 3M film is comparable. I like the idea of film on the cowling where my knees have rubbed through the paint. Should have applied some there and will next spring when it warms up. My garage is not heated.

I use LaminX film on the headlights of the FJR and my car also. Takes a little bit of work to get them to conform to the multi-curve surfaces but provide good rock protection and prevent the hazing and yellowing of the lens. I don't know that 3M film is comparable. I like the idea of film on the cowling where my knees have rubbed through the paint. Should have applied some there and will next spring when it warms up. My garage is not heated.
have the headlight, front fender, nose, triangle area, windshield color, mirrors, tank, tank trim, side color where your legs touch at a stop, and a few other places done,

price was decent, hope it helps, pack riding at speed is tough on the parts with sand and rocks getting kicked up