• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Many Accessories for Sale - Make an Offer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good. Has he fired it up yet?

I don't think so. I suspect it's the first test assembly. We've talked a little about it. Full flush of everything, and new battery come first. I do see a car battery on the trailer, so maybe he fired up the ignition to see the ODO, etc. He's asked about the cam chain tensioner. I have never replaced it but the mileage didn't call for it yet and I don't think these were in the recall. I would suspect he may do it before final assembly (while it's easy to get there).

I also suspect he'll pop his head up when he takes a breath. :)

I have never replaced it but the mileage didn't call for it yet and I don't think these were in the recall. I would suspect he may do it before final assembly (while it's easy to get there).
There was never a recall on the cam chain tensioner. Yamaha quietly changed the design without any recall. I don't know if there were any bulletins sent out to dealers or service departments. There is no recommended mileage interval recommended for changing but I don't recall hearing about any very low mileage failures.
I would suggest that it would be a good idea to change it - one less thing to be worried about...