2700 Miles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome shots! Great areas (spotwalla'd you) too. Did they get the wild fire out up in Glacier and was the GTTS Rd open all the way?
Nope, it was closed about halfway (just past the weeping wall). By that elevation I was almost in the clouds anyway. Actually it was kind of nice because there wasn't a lot of traffic and I could pull out anywhere I wanted to.

Awesome photos! Still have yet to make it to the Waterton side.
I liked the Waterton side. Hwy 2 that goes around to south was actually quite enjoyable, especially since I did fairly early in the morning with little traffic. Hwy 49 was really interesting but past Glacier Lodge, it's posted 25 the whole length.

Waterton is a completely different feel than Glacier. There's really not much riding you can do while there except to Lake Cameron and Red Rock Canyon (worth it for both but dodgy pavement). But for just relaxing and taking in the scenery, it's really nice. I only stayed over night, otherwise I would have definitely done some hiking.

Nice photos, thanks for posting.

The waterfall looks like Palouse Falls in eastern WA - am I correct? I finally made it there in June on the first day of a 10 day trip that also took us to GNP\ Waterton NP and then on to Banff and Jasper before heading back into WA near Curlew. Incredible scenery! I need to get off my lazy butt (too busy butt actually) and post up a RR with pics.

Nice photos, thanks for posting.
The waterfall looks like Palouse Falls in eastern WA - am I correct? I finally made it there in June on the first day of a 10 day trip that also took us to GNP\ Waterton NP and then on to Banff and Jasper before heading back into WA near Curlew. Incredible scenery! I need to get off my lazy butt (too busy butt actually) and post up a RR with pics.
Yes, it's Palouse Falls.