3 Day Memorial Day trip to Texas Hill Country

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertwy

Reaction score
My son and I just returned from a wet trip to the hill country. It rained on and off all three days, however we still had a good time. I never get tired of riding in that part of Texas. It's some really awesome, scenic country.

I've updated my website (link below) with pictures of our trip. However, I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would've like to because of the weather. Anyway, there's still over 60 photos for you to look at if you want.

When you open the site, click on "Trips" and then click on "Hill Country 0507" in the Weekend Trips section.

Enjoy,

I was always told that Texas was nothing but a big ole sand box.

Now I can say those are some excellent pics that you have posted.

As I can see now you definitely showed that Texs has some very nice riding and the scenery is also beautiful. One day I hope to ride in Texas as I have relations i San Antonio

weekend rider :) :D

I was always told that Texas was nothing but a big ole sand box.
Now I can say those are some excellent pics that you have posted.

As I can see now you definitely showed that Texs has some very nice riding and the scenery is also beautiful. One day I hope to ride in Texas as I have relations i San Antonio

weekend rider :) :D
I live close to where Robert lives.West Texas is the Sand box.We are blessed to be able to ride about two hours and see some of the most diverse terrain.From beautiful lakes,hills and caves in Central Texas to the Arbuckle Mountains of Oklahoma.A spirited four hour drive will put you on the beach in Galveston or near the Ozarks of Arkansas. C'mon down!

Last edited by a moderator:
My son and I just returned from a wet trip to the hill country. It rained on and off all three days, however we still had a good time. I never get tired of riding in that part of Texas. It's some really awesome, scenic country.
I've updated my website (link below) with pictures of our trip. However, I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would've like to because of the weather. Anyway, there's still over 60 photos for you to look at if you want.

When you open the site, click on "Trips" and then click on "Hill Country 0507" in the Weekend Trips section.

Enjoy,
Thanks for the pictures and stories.

I hope to ride to Big Bend soon. Been to Leakey and ridden those beautiful roads in and around there. That is some of the best scenic riding in Texas. Willow City Loop is awesome. And yes Cooper's BBQ is over-rated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Texas is generally a sand box at this time of year. But, we've been lucky to have had alot of rain this spring.

You're welcome to ride to Texas anytime. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Robert

Yeah, your pix opened my eyes too. I've only seen the 'bad' side of Tx.

No problems with the rain and your gps / radios?

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I got involved in work and couldn't get away.

The Garmin Rino 530 is waterproof, so I leave it on all the time. I have to take the radio off when it rains. I need to look for a waterproof one before my Colorado trip around Labor Day.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I got involved in work and couldn't get away.
The Garmin Rino 530 is waterproof, so I leave it on all the time. I have to take the radio off when it rains. I need to look for a waterproof one before my Colorado trip around Labor Day.
No need. Just use a ziplock bag and a ziptie. Works well for me. Too bad no one ever shows the beauty of East Texas.

No need. Just use a ziplock bag and a ziptie. Works well for me. Too bad no one ever shows the beauty of East Texas.

I grew up in East Texas so I never ride there; guess I want to see something different. It is very pretty with the rolling landscape and all the pine trees.