$35 GPS w/ Headphone Jack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auron

FJRForums' Red-headed stepchild
Reaction score
I believe when the GPS companies figured out how valuable a headphone jack is for motorcyclist, they reserved that feature for their more expensive models.

The Mio 310X is old and dated but gets the job done (for me anyway) if you get lost. It works best for me as a supplement to traditional maps, so it's not for everyone but if you tend to only use a GPS when you need it, just thought I'd let you guys know about it, because I really like mine and it's hardly costs anything.

https://www.amazon.com/Mio-C310x-3-5-Inch-Portable-Navigator/dp/B000HHYEKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364056669&sr=8-1&keywords=mio310x

I have a tom tom one that i got on ebay for 12$.. i spent more on the ram ball for the mount.. gps city has all the bits you need for 28 bucks shipped..

Works awesome.. had it on my KLR for 5 years.. it's now on the feej

The tomtom one v3 can be had currently on ebay for about 18 bucks in good shape and has a headphone jack.

Nice compact unit. easy interface, easy to hack if you so desire..

Not waterproof OOB... but it can be if you fill the holes and cover it with RTV silicone .. I chose black.. coulda went blue to match this bike ;)

Thank you for the post Auron.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 760 with a headphone jack and I love it.

It would not be inexpensive to replace this unit however.

The Mio 310X will be a good back up unit if my Garmin bites the dust.

Sorry guys...
Correction... I was wrong... it is not a headphone jack. It is for RDS traffic data.

The RDS-TMC (Traffic Message Channel) connector is for use with a TomTom Traffic Reciever (25 bucks on amazon)

Still an awesome value (just scored another TomTom yesterday for $14.65)... but no headphone jack...

I'm feelin bad for fouling your thread with misinformation

I bought a Belkin Arm band for my I-phone and then downloaded the Garmin App. 36 bucks for the app and then 4 bucks for add ons such as photo red lights, and traffic, construction etcs. The Belkin Arm band is waterproof and seems to really secure the I phone. I simple where it outside my jacket sleeve and can access it when stopped. It transmits the info to my bluetooth on the helmet.

The GPS is identical in my opinion to any Garmin system and I've owned a few so I know.

So I got GPS tunes, and of course those annoying phone calls that I ignore when riding:)

The only downfall is if I slip across the border the roaming charges might jump through the roof.

The other downfall is I can't really brag about my farkles cause I don't got any:)

You can also just throw the ole i-phone into the handi glove compartment on the fairing, plug it in to the charger and just let it navigate from their.

Just saying.

My TomTom1 works very well industrial velcroed to the window of my tankbag.When its volune is max,I can hear it at highway speeds

For anyone interested, I also splice my radar detector and GPS into my ipod headphones. Works so well it almost makes me laugh. Whenever I need directions, the music volume lowers just enough to hear what it's saying and the radar goes off whenever it see something. Really cool.