4" Chopped Windscreen.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Here is a 4"cut down screen I did for cuemungous. He wanted me to post a pic or two. If any one like one cut down, send me a email, or pm. Here is what Arnold had to say..

Smitty,
Here are the pictures.    As you can see, you did a superb job.  Really looks OEM and very sporty. It really looks much better in person.

Thanks,
dw9e8l.jpg

dw9h21.jpg

My pleasure, glad to help, smitty

Last edited by a moderator:
Smitty,

I want to thank you again for the excellent job that you did on my windshield. Try as I might, I could not find a flaw in your workmanship.

I love the windshield and have not used the stock or the CEE Bailey since. Nice clean flow of air when it is down and when at a bit over half way up, I have a quiet zone, the air just flows over my helmet with no turbulence. At full up, there is a slight turbulence but not bothersome and no back pressure on my helmet.

Thanks...

:coolio:

Plexi isn't that hard to work with. I've had luck cutting it with a 4 inch side grinder, then dressing it down with a permagrit course to medium block, then down to super fine "sand paper". Heck, you can take it down to 2000 grit if you like, and it gets smooth as a baby's butt.

Just be sure if you cut it, it's not brittle cold. And when you dress it down, make sure to take it down below ALL the scratches. Don't leave it an opportunity to crack.

I have also simply used a dremel with a cut off wheel to cut the stuff. The fiber reinforced ones work well, but the brittle ones will cut it, too. All kinds of stuff will cut it. The trick is taking the edge down through various grades of abrasives to get the finish you want.

I saw Smitty's work up close and personal, and it's excellent. That boy has skills!

Nice job looks good too but let me ask your looking to increase the airflow around the rider? But what about wind protection in say the winter. Or am I looking at it incorrectly?

Yes, this is to increase airflow. Some guys have summer shields and winter shields. Heck, we have shields for ALL OCCASIONS!

yuper, that's only my Summer Shield, I have a +2+2 Cee Baileys for winter in the light Gray..

Love em both

UnCaged :D