$50 track day in California

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisweir.com

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the right forum, moderators please advise.

BTH022106.jpg

Back by popular demand, we're going to be putting on "Beat the Heat" trackdays again for 2006.

In case you're not familiar with the program, "Beat The Heat" is a trackday designed for the first time track rider as a way to get the street racers and canyon riders out to the track. It's designed to be an easy, friendly, and comfortable orientation to the track.

Our first Beat The Heat trackday will be February 21st, 2006, at Willow Springs Intl Raceways Streets of Willow track. Thanks to the help of the sponsors and Motorcycle Training Center, the price for this trackday has been reduced to $50, the same as 2005.

This day is available only to first time track riders. No licensed racers or track day regulars will be allowed. Also, only street-legal bikes will be allowed. No racebikes or track plastics.

Contact MTC at 818-932-0433 or log on to www.mtctrackday.com to register. Register early as space is limited!

** Please be sure to forward this along to anyone you think might benefit from this or want to go! **

I can't imagine the number of squids this will draw out. I wonder how many will be allowed on the track at any one time?

I can't imagine the number of squids this will draw out. I wonder how many will be allowed on the track at any one time?
Don't know how many squids will be drawn out but its being run by a bunch of Sheriffs so they should be able to maintain some order.

Hmmm, a Tuesday, eh? Most squids would be working, me thinks... I might go just to watch, cuz I'd prolly put 'er in the weeds if I tracked it... :dntknw:

Hmmm, a Tuesday, eh?  Most squids would be working, me thinks...  I might go just to watch, cuz I'd prolly put 'er in the weeds if I tracked it...  :dntknw:
If you've never been to the track this is a great way to try it. No racers allowed, closely controlled conditions, safer than the last time you rode Angeles Crest!

GO FOR IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, a Tuesday, eh?  Most squids would be working, me thinks...  I might go just to watch, cuz I'd prolly put 'er in the weeds if I tracked it...  :dntknw:
If you've never been to the track this is a great way to try it. No racers allowed, closely controlled conditions, safer than the last time you rode Angeles Crest!

GO FOR IT!
Tempting...

Are there Krispy Kremes in the pits? :D

GO FOR IT!
Tempting...

Are there Krispy Kremes in the pits? :D
If there are donuts you'll go?

I can't imagine the number of squids this will draw out.
It may draw this one out, if he's not working that day. Group ride?
I asked the Sheriff how they keep the squids under control and here is what he said:

we start everyone out in groups of 5 with a control rider to get them oriented to the track and then start working them in. first few sessions, we keep it under 70. as they get going, we let em loose. if they start turnin squiddy, we flag em off and talk to them about it

TWN go for it. Although the FJR isn't a track bike it works amazingly well there. I took mine to Barber Motorsports 2 years ago and had a blast. Its great to learn the limits of your machine. Its really alot of fun. Sure there will be the Johnny Racers there but you are there for you not them. Besides I think I actully surprized a couple of guys on R1's and a Hayabusa, in that they weren't just running off and leaving me.

Glenn

TWN go for it. Although the FJR isn't a track bike it works amazingly well there. I took mine to Barber Motorsports 2 years ago and had a blast. Its great to learn the limits of your machine. Its really alot of fun. Sure there will be the Johnny Racers there but you are there for you not them. Besides I think I actully surprized a couple of guys on R1's and a Hayabusa, in that they weren't just running off and leaving me.
Glenn
I'm thinnin' hard 'bout it.... :dntknw:

Just checked the map. That place is no more than a couple hours or so from my house. Problem is, I dropped my bike off at the shop Saturday and if they give it back this week it's bad news. If they fix it, then it will probably be in their shop at least the rest of the month. Every dark cloud blah, blah, blah. If I have it next week, I'll bring it's sorry tickin' ass to the track, unless I have to do a Patriot Guard Ride (services pending for a local fallen Marine).

ToeCutter- not to hijack the thread but after your last post am I read that you have a ticker? I listened to it at the Meeting of the Klans; if true I'll register the sound in my cranium scareabellum as the dreaded tick.

ToeCutter- not to hijack the thread but after your last post am I read that you have a ticker? I listened to it at the Meeting of the Klans; if true I'll register the sound in my cranium scareabellum as the dreaded tick.
Here's the pertinent thread. It hasn't been officially ID'd yet, should know more tomorrow. It's been getting worse since November and now seems to have lost some power. Those 5th gear roll-ons just don't seem to have the punch they had before.

Edit - Good news, bad news. See link above for details, but it looks as though I may not have access to my bike next week.

I can get any day off. Let me know!
Probably won't ride the track but would LOVE to try taking photos!
Why not? Its only $50 and you can ride around a bit, then stop and take pictures, then ride around a bit, then stop and take pictures... it'll be grand!