$50 track day in California

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can get any day off. Let me know!
Probably won't ride the track but would LOVE to try taking photos!
Why not? Its only $50 and you can ride around a bit, then stop and take pictures, then ride around a bit, then stop and take pictures... it'll be grand!
Yeah, what have you got to lose? Read up on here, then some on BARF and hit the track. I won't know for sure if I'm out until Saturday night when I hear from the shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
The medicine I'm on for the heart surgery makes me bleed forever. Sucks. Poked my finger opening a box the other day and thought I was going to bleed out. Not going to say no though.. Will come down and check it out, get a vibe for what's going on and if it's not too crazy, will do it.

Question: I have a two piece kevlar suit from Cycleport. Is this suit allowed on the track?

I haven't done one of the the Sheriff's first time track days but from talking to him I can tell you that riding with the group leaders in the morning can in no way be considered more dangerous than riding on the street. They will have ambulances there just in case. I think its likely that your KEVLAR SUIT will be allowed.

Why not follow up with MTC at 818-932-0433?

Question: I have a two piece kevlar suit from Cycleport. Is this suit allowed on the track?
Is it mesh? If not, definitely allowed. If so, maybe not. Mine is kevlar mesh and I would sure like to get an answer before riding all the way there maybe just to watch. With FNG I know there will be adequate pictures for those of us who miss it.

yeah... I like them'thar pictures! hehe Have you seen the site lately? Over 6000 images.. weeeeeee! https://rickweller.com

Just left a message with Cop Mike asking about Kevlar suits (2 piece, and mesh). Will update this post when he calls back....

UPDATE:

Textile is fine, minimal 3/4 zipper required. 2 piece suit needs to connect via zipper. Zip together textile is OK (mesh, etc)

1st timers on the track only!

The majority of the morning will be spent breaking guys up into groups with control riders to get acclimated to the track and show the lines. Toward lunch and afternoon everyone is cut loose to have fun.

Bikes must be street legal and can’t have race plastic (FJR plastic OK)

Send an email to Mike at the following email address for pre-registration:

Mjchurney at yahoo dot com

In the email provide the following:

name

phone number

address

email address

I'll be bringing my camera to get those shots your momma always wanted to see but was afraid to ask! (I don't know what that means... just go with it, OK?)

Well, I'm out. Bike will still be in the shop (details here). I'll be there in spirit. Look for my astral projection, if you have attained the proper level of enlightenment. :alien: You guys have a good time.

Well, I'm out. Bike will still be in the shop (details here). I'll be there in spirit. Look for my astral projection, if you have attained the proper level of enlightenment. :alien: You guys have a good time.
Um, I think your dealer should give you a loner. ;)
I'd ask if I'd bought it there, but they're not my dealer, yet.

Um, I think your dealer should give you a loner. ;)
I'd ask if I'd bought it there, but they're not my dealer, yet.
Well then, insist that Yamaha steps up to the plate. I think that the very least that they could do for your inconvenience would be to hand over an R1 for the duration, no? :lol:

Well, I could but bikeless Bob's honeydo list manifested itself in a grand way. I need a good excuse to get some stuff done around the house. All this good weather has really been taking its toll on the chores. A loaner R-1 at this point might just earn me a good reason to add a Tanji fuel cell to the feejer. :axed:

anyone going today? email me at sneakyfux at gmail dot com if so and I'll meet you there!
Yay, you're going!

I had a great time at Buttonwillow Raceway yesterday:
chris1002.jpg

Click here for more pictures!

Nice images Chris!

I stopped by for a couple of hours today and snapped a few pictures. Wasn't sure of what I was doing (1st time shooting a moving target) so don't go all critical on me! haha! Looks like everyone had a blast!

Beat the Heat - Willow Springs - 02/21/06

p.s. not a single FJR to photograph.. sigh..

Nice images Chris!
I stopped by for a couple of hours today and snapped a few pictures. Wasn't sure of what I was doing (1st time shooting a moving target) so don't go all critical on me! haha! Looks like everyone had a blast!

Beat the Heat - Willow Springs - 02/21/06

p.s. not a single FJR to photograph.. sigh..
BEAUTIFUL!

Great work and I'll bet the Sheriff is happy!

(did you give you a "get caught speeding free" card?)