600 Mile Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schupperts

Reaction score
Just passed 600 miles. I've taken her In for her service and now it's time to ride the S*#t out of her :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm going to ride her to a job I'm doing out of town, roughly 150 miles each way once a week.

The reason I bought her was for the longer trips and comfort. Good Times :yahoo: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the board and to the ride. When you do get around to taking some of those longer rides, please post reports about the more interesting ones from time to time, with pictures.

Welcome from a fellow rain rider in the Pacific Northwest (Bonney Lake actually). The FJR is a great commuter - I have a 50+ mile roundtrip every workday year 'round on my 07. Not even 3 years of ownership and I'm getting ready to turn over 40,000 miles.

Check out the Pacific Northwest subforum for local get togethers and rides.

I'll be riding from Tacoma to Yakima and back for the next month. Roughly 150 miles each way. For those familiar with the area, I'm thinking of riding over MT Rainier then back on 12 into Yakima. I-90 is a little dull.

I'll be riding from Tacoma to Yakima and back for the next month. Roughly 150 miles each way. For those familiar with the area, I'm thinking of riding over MT Rainier then back on 12 into Yakima. I-90 is a little dull.
Hwy 410 over Chinook Pass is a beautiful ride! :yahoo: I just did it with the wife on my FJR about 3 weeks ago. There was still 10 feet of snow walls on the side of the road! But the road was clear except for the water from rain and heavy fog. And it was a balmy 37 degrees, so no worry about ice! I suspect it's cleared up a lot since then with the warmer temps.

Watch for deer and elk on the road - we've had too many fellow riders have run-in's with them lately and neither party usually comes out as a winner. :angry:

Hwy 410 over Chinook Pass is a beautiful ride! :yahoo: I just did it with the wife on my FJR about 3 weeks ago. There was still 10 feet of snow walls on the side of the road! But the road was clear except for the water from rain and heavy fog. And it was a balmy 37 degrees, so no worry about ice! I suspect it's cleared up a lot since then with the warmer temps.

Watch for deer and elk on the road - we've had too many fellow riders have run-in's with them lately and neither party usually comes out as a winner. :angry:
I did 410 over Chinook. It was a beautiful Tuesday July 6 afternoon. The first clear one in a while and I must say that is a beautiful ride. Still some snow to view. It took me 2 hours and 15 minutes from Milton Washington to Yakima. At the end of the week I drove 90 back leaving around 5:30 a.m. and got back to Milton by 7:20 a.m. I was averaging 100 mph on 90. Though the sites are less, the speed was higher than that of 410. All safely of course ;)