~ 666 -Never would I have thought I'd make it ~

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenoJohn

Reaction score
The number 666 means a lot of things to a lot of people. To me, the first thing that come to mind is the infamous "Highway To Hell" in Utah. Lots of folklore on this road.

Being that I love to chase ghost towns and folklore out west here ....stuff like that kinda appeals to me.

Well, now I've just hit 666 here on the forum -my post count. Now that is amazing. Especially when factoring in that it took me about 3months to get to 10 posts. Not for lack of trying mind you. Seems I got a moderator imposed time-out or something for referring to all of you all as: "Having more drama than a 12year old girl's slumber party". Hard to post when you can't log in me found out.

So, I've tried to behave. Hasn't been easy.

But some good folks on here, some crazy shit every now and then and I've taken a liking to much of it. I'm fond of the more bizarre aspects -pretty much Bust-a-Nut gives me the most giggles. The hypocritical safety nazi's the least.

I'm not a perfect fit here because I post like I ride ...kinda free-form and often spirited..... and I *ALWAYS* have fun.

A good ride, at some point, always has a piss stop along the side of the road. ....and,

...sometimes a drop of piss may land on your buddy's boot. That's just the way the piss flies. And like-minded riders know that. I'm lucky to ride with many such guys.

If any of my 666 posts have been a drop of piss on your forum ride? Well, I don't know what to tell you. Feel fortunate I wasn't taking a shit I guess.

Some interesting memories over the last 666posts. Didn't know what to think of the fat sportbike when I first got it. It sat for a while while the other bikes got the nod ....but we've really taken a strong liking to each other and she's opened up many aspects to this wonderful passion that we share. Lots of good rides, good times and some downright silly experiences. It don't get any better than that.

[SIZE=12pt]Statistically speaking[/SIZE] (as I review the numbers on my profile page)

[SIZE=12pt]- 666 posts today for me =[/SIZE]

~80 miles on the FJR for each post (53000miles on the girl)

~145 miles per post combined riding (aprox 96500 total bike miles since joining)

(I hope this keeps me out of the "keyboard jockey" classification)

~0.88 post per day average (just under a post per day on average).

~846 views of my profile --hmmmm, wadda ya all hoping to see there?

~1 Friend (Yes, ONE) friend. Of all you wankers, TurboDave is the only one on here to send me a friend request. To my ONLY friend TurboDave: --Thanks buddy, it means a lot.

-----------------

[SIZE=12pt]So, how does one give back[/SIZE] to a community that has provided so much angst, fun and good times???? Don't know the answer, but here is my attempt to give back:

I've got all five episodes of Charlie Booreman's "Race To Dakar" videos on my server. These are a good watch and IMO much better than those Brokeback riders and their Wrong Way Drama-filled (mis)Adventures.

Feel free to download them. Note the combined download is about 2.5gigs so please be sincere in wanting these before chewing up the bandwidth. Also make sure you've got room on your hard drive.

[SIZE=12pt]Go here .......CLICKY[/SIZE]

You'll need the following:

[SIZE=14pt]username: fjr-forum[/SIZE]

password: streetpussy

if you have problems viewing them, most certainly a codec issue. So, if this happens to you, maybe someone techy here can coach you. BTW: If you're having problems, downloading the same file a dozen times won't help. Oh, and these are .AVI files.

Password will be valid until my 667 post (or until my server catches on fire!) at the 667 post the game is over.

With no abuses these will be up for a while, as I'm taking a small break from the forum to focus on riding and remembering some fallen rider friends.

The next two days spent getting ahead on 'real life' stuff. Then a few days of hard riding which will roll into the black rock desert. This all promises to be some good fun. Late Saturday at the vigil for fallen riders, I'm starting my personal week long vigil remembering our good buddy Tim. Some real life in the mix, but I've set aside some tarmac-blistering time to pay respect and remember a wonderful guy. I plan to do it the best way I know how, isolating myself from as many distractions as possible and ...violating as much tarmac as I can.

Enjoy the videos,

I'll see many of you in Santa Barbara on the 27th.

Cheers ...john

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey RJ - you have another friend now!

If anyone is considering downloading the Race To Dakar, DO IT!!!! I was glued to the screen until I'd seen all the episodes. Very entertaining viewing (unless the F word offends you). Very grateful for the download. Thanks John.

See you in Santa Barbara.

Jill

Thanks for the downloads RJ!

Oh yeah, you've got another friend in your list so quit yer sniveling ya pansy! :D

See ya on the 27th.

Me thinks this whole RJ rant was just a ploy to get more friends. Sheesh, some folks will do just about anything to win friends and influence people. ;)

Butt seriously, thanks for the posts and the trip reports RJ, they're always a good read. And I still need you to teach me your taking-photos-while-riding technique. I'll remind you this weekend.

Really, RJ should feel good. None of my forum friends have ever sent me a request to be added to their friend list.

Well, now I've just hit 666 here on the forum - Feel fortunate I wasn't taking a shit I guess.[SIZE=12pt]Statistically speaking[/SIZE] This is a perfect triplicate of..... My IQ, My penis size, and the last grade successfully completed in School :blink:
Geez John. I'm kinda proud.... Yet, ashamed at the same time :lol:
Hmm, Think I felt a twinge of sadness too :blum:

:jester:

~1 Friend (Yes, ONE) friend. Of all you wankers, TurboDave is the only one on here to send me a friend request. To my ONLY friend TurboDave: --Thanks buddy, it means a lot.

Gosh John, you just might end up with 666 friend requests. Look out . . . . . .

:innocent:

Loved the entertaining post. Thanks for the download as well, but it won't play in either realplayer nor windows media player. Hrrmmmmm..... the troubleshooting begins.

What Codec/player is needed to watch these? I DL'd all of them and WMP doesn't work. I tried DivX, it plays but if I do anything else while it's playing it freezes.

EDIT: did not see the 2 post above mine. I'll try VLC when I get home.

Wow! Way to give back RJ!

I've managed to watch the first 4 and pissed that work is interfering with finishing the rest. :angry2:

I've now got visions of grandeur with me and my Funduro. :bb:

Thanks again!

Thanks for the download RJ...I appreciate it

Sometimes one good, dependable friend is all we need rather than having a bunch of flaky "aquaintances" , but I'm sure you know that already :rolleyes:

Alfred

Wow,

Just finished watching the series. Quite inspirational and fear instilling. I was glad I watched it and also glad to see it was over and nobody else was hanging out in the desert alone.

Thanks for the video's. I had to do a little freelance protection today and while the person was out of my charge I had to just sit and wait so I watched 4 of the videos. I will probably have to repeat Thursday and should get to watch the other three. It sure helped pass the time.

Mark